Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smell around Skerries

Options
  • 23-09-2016 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Has anyone noticed a smell around Skerries the past few days? It's sort of like the smell from a rubbish tip.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Any particular part of Skerries?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭RockDesk

The Ballast Pit area. I'm in Townparks and it's so bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,589 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

All day or just up to mid afternoon? Could be from the sea with low water if not there in the mid afternoon onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

You'd generally get that from the woar on Barnageeragh beach. But that's usually only when it starts to rot during a run of hot weather. Smells a lot worse than a rubbish tip too.

There's a bit of digging going on around Xtravision - maybe they are at the sewers?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭RockDesk

Maybe it's the digging at xtra vision.

It's here this morning, the other day I got it when I got off the train in the evening. I thought maybe there was digging in one of the fields which had unearthed bad or smelly soil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭shooter69

I think it's from the gas interconnector near st Catherine's - would turn your stomach its that bad!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

The fishing boats dredging for razors were very close to shore and the harbour lately I thought the smell was from the old sand they were digging up the cages can dig down about two feet into the sand and that sand can give off quite a stink.

Advertisement