Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life cover - when getting a mortgage

Options
  • 23-09-2016 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

Did you shop around for your life cover or go with the banks life cover?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Shop around- I recently had dealings with this guy. he wasn't able to help me in the end due to heart issues when I was 30 but was very helpful and knew his stuff where others just gave me the cheapest quote and sent me a 50pg doc to fill out. his website is also very informative

http://lion.ie/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 JtByrne

Shop Around
    When your mortgage has been paid or you want to move your mortgage to a different bank it can be that little bit more messy.
    If you've paid up your mortgage with the bank and want to look elsewhere then for new insurance, you'll be much older starting out again which usually means higher premiums.Whereas if you start from when you're younger, your premiums usually don't shoot up as much as you get older.
    Usually when you buy it separately its more specific to your needs and not just under the banks group cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭levi

Shop around- I recently had dealings with this guy. he wasn't able to help me in the end due to heart issues when I was 30 but was very helpful and knew his stuff where others just gave me the cheapest quote and sent me a 50pg doc to fill out. his website is also very informative

http://lion.ie/

I used this guy for my life insurance - all very easy and a very nice guy. I think I did better than I would have done myself. I now have my car and house insurance with the same family broker - they're based in Tullamore, I'm in Dublin.

Would defo recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Parchment wrote: »
    Did you shop around for your life cover or go with the banks life cover?

Always shop around

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Tried to get a quote from Aviva directly but it looks like it's not possible to get Mortgage protection direct, bit weird, is that normal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,902 ✭✭✭✭L1011

For some reason it's nearly always sold through brokers.

Banks prices will be insane, definitely look elsewhere.

Advertisement