Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statistics on Shopping Centres

Options
  • 23-09-2016 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I am looking at starting a new business venture.
    Can anyone give me any information on where I can find statistics on shopping centres eg... footfall, busiest times etc.?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

Your question is quite broad. While you need to carry out your own market research and determine if there is a demand for your type of business it's not always as simple as choosing a shopping centre location even where there might be a vacant retail unit. The developers/management companies decide what type of business they want to fill the units. If there was already one or more than one similar to yours they may decide not to lease it to you and offer it to a tenant in an area of business which they think would be preferable or they may not even consider your business suitable.

You would need to contact the various shopping centres and find out who is the estate agent and ask them the relevant questions but would also need to conduct your own observational research by simply going to the actual locations to get a general idea of footfall, peak shopping times etc. Some of the business organisations and retail magazines might be able to provide some data but you have to do most of the legwork because you know your own business and whether it might work in a particular location or not through your research.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭happycoach

Hi,
    Yeah maybe try your own research. Particularly if you're just looking for footfall. Grab a coffee and start counting :)

Advertisement