Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boot suggestions

• 23-09-2016 1:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭

Well lads
    I am after a good pair of boots. I would prefer leather, I dont want wellies. Budget is 300 euro

Meindl Army pro 290 euro ?

Harkila pro hunter GTX 12 289 euro ?

any suggestions ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭lanber man

Bestard boots. Best value out there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Well lads
    I am after a good pair of boots. I would prefer leather, I dont want wellies. Budget is 300 euro

any suggestions ?

meindl douvre or bestard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

lanber man wrote: »
    Bestard boots. Best value out there

Especially if you know anyone going to Mallorca who can go to the factory shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

I bought a pair of hiking boots in mountain wharehouse outlet in banbridge 2 years ago. They where €60 and have done 2 years of walking around the field on the farm in all weathers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Check out bootmooch.co.uk and Meindl.

I bought a pair of the Bhutans earlier this year and wear them all the time now)with gaiters if the ground is very wet)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

The Army Pro are very high and heavy, overkill for a hunting boot in my opinion. Also, the height isn't good for me. The Meindl Island or Bhutans if they fit you are an excellent choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭allan450

Try different pairs on and go with is the most comfortable for your feet.I like the lowas myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭arrowloopboy

Theirs a lot of hooha/heavy advertising/and a few pair given for free to a few mouth pieces of bestards in the last 12 mts ,but Meindls are proven here over the past 12 years and more ,great boots .The harkilas are pure dog sh1t ,if they were 50 quid they'd be expensive ,the brother had a pair that leaked after a month,so did the replacement pair,wide birth !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭bunnystalker

I have a pair of boots that felt grand when I tried them on. they left my feet in tatters after a few days out . I just couldnt break them in ..They are somewhere under the stairs now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Rimfire Shooter

Meindl everytime

• Advertisement

What about Irish Setter boots ? Does anyone on here own a pair ? Are they any good ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

I had Meindl ankle high alpine boots (approx €120) in the early '90s and then later on Army Pros (approx €160), both excellent boots in my opinion. But I am horrified at the price of them now.
    I use the issued Haix boots now and the only complaint I have with them is the poor grip in wet grass on slopes, but it is not a factor that would stop me using them . If I had to get a pair I would buy a part worn pair of British Army boots - many many miles left in them with a good pedigree and you could buy two different styles suitable for all year round use. I use Magnums (non issued) during dryer , milder months.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 rhino1

GrisSport boots for value for money. Tried Meindl ,Mattehorn and magnum and none are as comfortable on the ground.German army boots are worth a look too,especially if you can get Grade 1 .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭EPointer=Birdss

I envy you lads that can walk around in good boots.
    Would be much more comfortable.

I could be up to my knees in water or crap every few minutes.
    Wellies are the only option & even then I get the odd boot full.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭tonytoc11

What are Haix boots like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

tonytoc11 wrote: »
    What are Haix boots like?

Good tuff boot, sturdy support in the ankle and foot arch. Water proof and warm (i suffer from cold hands and feet), their as breathable as any other leather technical boot but this depends on how you care for them. As said my only concern is that they can be a bit slippery on thick wet grass. But I would still favour them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭Vizzy

If you are still considering Bestard boots, Sportspursuit have a sale at the moment and their Hunting boots are reduced to €149.95

https://www.sportpursuit.com/catalog/product/view/id/535139

Thanks Vizzy, there is some other good stuff on that site as well.

Thanks again

Out today for a stalk ..... Seen nothing.. but great time and the difference my new Dovre Extreme made I should have bought a pair years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Well lads

any suggestions ?
    meindl douvre some boot, bestard are getting great reviews

• Advertisement
Advertisement