Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Martial Arts club, South Circular Road (Dublin).

• 23-09-2016 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

Hey lads, I've been asked for a recommend for a club around the SCR (Dublin) for a 13 year old female.

All styles considered as she has no previous martial arts experience.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Nothing?.. Hard to believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭pearsquasher

By teachers club in Harold X is brilliant (of course)

http://www.happobiken.com/

- permanent proper Japanese style-dojo (some folks care about that - not me really as i'd train in a shed - but its a great facility)
    - Bujinkan is HIGHLY geared for women and the club there has loads and it would be a great support for a young kid
    - highly experienced teacher
    - there maybe a age limit to 15 but ive given concessions myself on this if the person is mature and their parents are on board

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭Martian Martin

Thanks pearsquasher

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭turfthrower

Thanks to Pearsquasher for his kind words - I'm the teacher at the Harold's Cross dojo - but at the moment we don't take people under 16.

There's a Taekwondo school pretty much right next door to us though, and I often see kids coming and going from there so that might be an option. I don't know the teachers that well but they seem like decent sorts: http://www.hxtaekwondo.com

Thanks Turfthrower

Any one else got any additional suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

Drimnagh TKD is just off the South Circular Martin. Up at the luas stop beside the canal in John Boscos. Not sure if it's too far or not but it's the only club I can think of in that vicinity

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭KathleenMcCabe

Theres a fencing club opened up in Good Counsel by Goldenbridge. They teach kids classes. Dont know what shes looking for, but it might be worth a try? They are advertised as FenceFit Dublin on Meetup and Facebook
    Hey lads, I've been asked for a recommend for a club around the SCR (Dublin) for a 13 year old female.

All styles considered as she has no previous martial arts experience.

Thanks for the responses

Advertisement