Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax Returns for Two Months?

Options
  • 23-09-2016 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi. A quick question: I set up as a sole trader in November 2015. (I was asked to set up as a sole trader then and it was quite rushed.) If I make up my accounts to the 31st of December, will my first return be just for those two months?

Much appreciate any help on the subject.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭mrawkward

Silverpin wrote: »
    Hi. A quick question: I set up as a sole trader in November 2015. (I was asked to set up as a sole trader then and it was quite rushed.) If I make up my accounts to the 31st of December, will my first return be just for those two months?

Much appreciate any help on the subject.

Yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

unfortunately yes, I am in the same boat. Opened my company in October last year and my accountant confirmed that I have to do the tax returns for 2015, even just for those couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Lockedout2

A tax return is for a calander year.

So it's all your income for that year.

If you have a company then the company makes a corporation tax return and you use the figures from your P60 for your tax return.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Silverpin

Thanks for all the replies.
    All the best to everyone filling out their Form 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

Silverpin wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies.
    All the best to everyone filling out their Form 11.

I got my accountant to do it for me, will be paying around 275€ (inc. VAT). Is this standard price, cheap or expensive?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

TripleAce wrote: »
    I got my accountant to do it for me, will be paying around 275€ (inc. VAT). Is this standard price, cheap or expensive?

Cheap

Advertisement