Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone else's aromamiser rdta v2 leak?

• 23-09-2016 5:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

As in the title my aromamiser is fantastic, however, it keeps leaking quite a lot of juice from the air holes and also around the air hole adjuster ring is there anything I can do or do I just have a slightly duff one?

Thanks.

M.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

monkeynuz wrote: »
    Hi guys,

As in the title my aromamiser is fantastic, however, it keeps leaking quite a lot of juice from the air holes and also around the air hole adjuster ring is there anything I can do or do I just have a slightly duff one?

Thanks.

M.

I have the V1 & never had a leak,more cotton will stop leaks,if you do not chain vape,then I would pack as much cotton as you can in the juice flow channel,trial & error,you will fix it eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

I have the V1 & never had a leak,more cotton will stop leaks,if you do not chain vape,then I would pack as much cotton as you can in the juice flow channel,trial & error,you will fix it eventually.

Thanks, I'll try rewicking it and see how it goes, I was quite light on the wicking as I remembered watching a YouTube video once saying not to cram it in too tightly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Thanks, I'll try rewicking it and see how it goes, I was quite light on the wicking as I remembered watching a YouTube video once saying not to cram it in too tightly.

Don't push the cotton in too tight or it will act as a dam,plenty of cotton loosely,you may need a bigger coil,3mm or 3.5mm will give you more cotton to play with,if that size coil fits in the V2,check ohms before firing to make sure you don't get a short...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭judas1369

Actually just got one of these this morning... I love vape mail!
    https://www.fasttech.com/p/4952800
    Its the 3ml Anniversary edition in gun metal. Apart from the T-Shirt, you get both the original 3 post deck as well as the two post one. You also get single coil adapter, three different drip tips and two OCC coils in single and dual SS versions. I have just built a single coil set up at 2.5 mm on the two post deck and it vapes wonderfully- no leaks at all. I wicked it like a dripper not too much cotton but try doing a Scottish roll as it can absorb more juice and be less likely to leak. Trial and error I guess. I think a 3mm coil would be about it- not a lot of room in there. I am going to try a 3mm vertical single coil in SS over the weekend and will let you know how it works out. Did I mention the T-Shirt, its actually quite nice in a tacky kind of way! Got the lot for €24 with the discount last time.
    I haven't tried the OCC coils but they would be a walk in the park to rewick. Best of luck with it, it will work out.

judas1369 wrote: »
    Actually just got one of these this morning... I love vape mail!
    https://www.fasttech.com/p/4952800
    Its the 3ml Anniversary edition in gun metal. Apart from the T-Shirt, you get both the original 3 post deck as well as the two post one. You also get single coil adapter, three different drip tips and two OCC coils in single and dual SS versions. I have just built a single coil set up at 2.5 mm on the two post deck and it vapes wonderfully- no leaks at all. I wicked it like a dripper not too much cotton but try doing a Scottish roll as it can absorb more juice and be less likely to leak. Trial and error I guess. I think a 3mm coil would be about it- not a lot of room in there. I am going to try a 3mm vertical single coil in SS over the weekend and will let you know how it works out. Did I mention the T-Shirt, its actually quite nice in a tacky kind of way! Got the lot for €24 with the discount last time.
    I haven't tried the OCC coils but they would be a walk in the park to rewick. Best of luck with it, it will work out.

I like the look of the gunmetal one although I won't be ordering from fasttech.

I should clarify that mine didn't leak from day one, it started after about four days of use and I can't really work out why.

I've rewicked it with more cotton as suggested to me and I'll see how it goes, I'm also running it with dual 1.2 ohm coils.

I must say that until I tried this tank I've never got in with sub ohming at all apart from the guardian tank and pre made coils but I just wanted something easier to re coil when needed rather than relying on the online shops to have coils in stock when I need them!

• Advertisement

I know its probably stating the obvious, but have you checked the o-rings specifically the small one on the deck that goes into the 510 on the base plate and the larger one on the base plate where it threads into body of the atty. A nicked or broken one could compromise its integrity and leak. To be honest, I have only being playing with this a few hours and perhaps others may have more knowledge about this issue. Hope you get it sorted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

I gave up on anything with a tank ages ago because i got sick of leaking

Hi guys,

Thanks.

M.
    Hi, getting back as promised. I tried single and twin coils in both horizontal and vertical set ups. I also tried the OCC coils that came with it. I could not get this thing to leak even using very little amounts of cotton. I could however get dry hits by using too much.
    I came across this and thought it might help -
    http://imgur.com/a/n7PfW
    I still think your issue stems from something other than wicking.
    Best of luck sorting it.

judas1369 wrote: »
    Hi, getting back as promised. I tried single and twin coils in both horizontal and vertical set ups. I also tried the OCC coils that came with it. I could not get this thing to leak even using very little amounts of cotton. I could however get dry hits by using too much.
    I came across this and thought it might help -
    http://imgur.com/a/n7PfW
    I still think your issue stems from something other than wicking.
    Best of luck sorting it.

Thanks,

As an update the tighter/fuller wicking has helped a bit, I'm wondering if I might have inadvertantly refilled the tank with the airflow still open but not sure but it certainly isn't leaking anywhere near as badly as before.

Glad to hear it! Don't think opening/closing airflow ring has much bearing on this tbh, as this is usually a thing for top fill tanks. The design of this tank is different from those that do. Anyway glad you got sorted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement