Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Riddle me this.

Options
  • 23-09-2016 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭

Evening all, I'm wiring a block shed.
    From the shed to the front of the house the swa cable is in a pvc pipe but I'm looking to cross a path that's 900mm wide, is there any reason why not to cut a 2*2 inch channel across the path and concrete over the cable, I don't really want to cut any deeper as there's gas and mains cable each side of where I'm cutting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,550 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Phil.x wrote: »
    Evening all, I'm wiring a block shed.
    From the shed to the front of the house the swa cable is in a pvc pipe but I'm looking to cross a path that's 900mm wide, is there any reason why not to cut a 2*2 inch channel across the path and concrete over the cable, I don't really want to cut any deeper as there's gas and mains cable each side of where I'm cutting.
    Be sure to run it in conduit or similar don't just concrete over the cable

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Thought the reg was 500mm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Steve wrote: »
    Thought the reg was 500mm?

Yes I know but for me to do that id have to rip up 900mm* 500mm *500mm deep of path and soil with gas and mains cables/pipes tangled in the mix.

This cable for a length of 900mm will be in pvc adaptaflex and 15mm concrete on top before it goes into a wall and up to fuseboard.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Phil.x wrote: »
    This cable for a length of 900mm will be in pvc adaptaflex and 15mm concrete on top before it goes into a wall and up to fuseboard.

This does not comply with the regulations, therefore you shouldn't do it.
    I don't really want to cut any deeper as there's gas and mains cable each side of where I'm cutting.

There is no entitlement to some sort of a derogation just because a it is difficult to comply with a regulation.

Advertisement