Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any success with subteacher.ie

Options
  • 23-09-2016 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I signed up to subteacher in August and so far have recieved no calls?

I am a post-primary teacher with 5 years experience. I am wondering if anyone else out there has had better success with subteacher.ie or can give me any insight regarding how many schools are actually using it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Jane98 wrote: »
    Hi,

I signed up to subteacher in August and so far have recieved no calls?

I am a post-primary teacher with 5 years experience. I am wondering if anyone else out there has had better success with subteacher.ie or can give me any insight regarding how many schools are actually using it.

I've had a few phone calls. I think it's a great idea and I hope they keep it free.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 yogibaby

I have got quite a lot of work from it. The school I'm in use it a lot. Lots of temporary teachers from sub teach. Keep at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Mayberry

I am on it a year an nothing -no phone calls at all! It might be dependant on the area we live in???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Mayberry wrote: »
    I am on it a year an nothing -no phone calls at all! It might be dependant on the area we live in???

It probably is and subjects(s) also. It was only trialled last year AFAIK.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Those not hearing anything, are you updating your availability every week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Jane98

spurious wrote: »
    Those not hearing anything, are you updating your availability every week?

Yes. I sure am.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Diggy78

Our school have tried to gain access to subteacher.ie but can't as we're a special school, even though we're teaching post primary programmes. Just stumbled across this thread in a desperate search for subs for a Kildare school. If anyone is in that area and interested I can pm you the name of the school.

Advertisement