Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flying from Cork Airport

Options
  • 23-09-2016 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭

Hi folks. A quick question as haven't travelled in ages. We are leaving with Ryanair tomorrow from Cork Airport. We plan to be 2 hours ahead of the flight time. Will have checked luggage as well as cabin luggage. We got priority boarding but I am wondering how soon we can drop off our checked luggage once we have arrived. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭AlmostCared

The Bag Drop desks open two hours prior to the scheduled flight departure time. The Bag Drop desks close strictly 40 minutes before the scheduled time of departure. If you miss this deadline your booking could be cancelled without refund and you could be prevented from boarding the plane. Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

Thanks!!! I probably asked a stupid question instead of looking up Ryanair's policies. Cheers anyway, looks like we can drop off checked luggage straight away and have time for a coffee!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,515 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

It's usually open before then as its a communal bag drop desk

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

TheDriver wrote: »
    It's usually open before then as its a communal bag drop desk

Oh I see. Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Just to add, Cork airport is a breeze. I usually travel with just carry on and find arriving an hour before the flight is plenty of time. I have literally walked from the car park to the gate in about 8 minutes. Worst queues I've been in for security took about 10-15 minutes. The odd time I've checked in bags, it's only added about 10-15 minutes to the whole process. 2 hours is loads of time IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Presumably they won't close the drop-off if there's a queue at it at closing time?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

TheChizler wrote: »
    Presumably they won't close the drop-off if there's a queue at it at closing time?

If its a Ryanair flight the desk closes 40mins before departure, not 39mins. Their pretty strict. This all goes towards getting people from the desk to security, to the gate and then the aircraft at least 10mins before departure.
    They will call for passengers in the que who are booked on a flight that's closing tho so don't worry.
    Saying there was a que is the reason you missed check in won't work tho. Its tough luck really with Ryanair.

Advertisement