Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what scope for a 455 .22

Options
  • 23-09-2016 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭

What scope and rings would you recommend for some 100 yard shooting....Pla on spending less than 170euro or a bit more for Illuminated reticle..

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

What scope and rings would you recommend for some 100 yard shooting....Pla on spending less than 170euro or a bit more for Illuminated reticle..

Thanks
    It's your lucky day, my Nikko Stirling is illuminated and includes rings for €120

See
    [url]Http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057650191[/url]

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

As above there are a few good scopes on the for sale section that would suit your needs perfectly.

As for the scope itself. The 22lr has no recoil so you don't have to go big brand. If it were me i'd look for:
    • top range of 14 to 18 power as the 22 has limited range so no need to see out to 1,000 yards
    • Mil-dot or hash marks for quick hold over as dialing for longer is tedious due to the bad drop of the 22 bullet,
    • Second focal plane (personal choice)
    • 44 - 50mm objective lens for good light. Bigger if something comes along
    Some brands to look at:
    • Nikko Stirling
    • Hawke Airmax/Vantage
    • Bushnell Banner

The above three would be perfectly good for a 22 without compromising on quality needed. New prices are in and around the €200 mark, but second hand, as in the for sale section, they can be gotten cheaper.

I have the Hawke AirMax on my 22lr, and hmr. Hasn't let me down yet.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭crackcrack30

Thanks for posts and pm's guys..... Cass is right on the money.. I like to put a bit of consideration into a purchase regardless of money spent and its hard to do without first hand knowledge & reviews...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 smandmars

Have a look at the Hawke Vantage IR range, the 4-16x50 should be around 170ish and the 6-24x50 €10-15 more. Both have illuminated mil dot reticle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭crackcrack30

I should have closed this out.....Snap... thats what I bought online....with mounts included. I've mounted it but not sighted it yet, very impressed with clarity and light for the money. (4x16)

Thanks....

• Advertisement
Advertisement