Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Insert Stove for Elderly Parents

• 23-09-2016 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a bit of advice for my parents regarding installing an insert non-boiler stove.

Firstly, they had a gas heating system installed a few years ago.
    The back boiler is still in place but has been disconnected and the pipework has been removed.
    According to my father, the people installing the heating system said that there was a hole put in the boiler, don't really know if that is of any relevance??
    They have a 1970's semi-detached house and the fireplace is back to back with the neighbours so access would have to be from their own side.
    They were hoping to get the work done without too much disruption to their kitchen as they've recently had it decorated.
    Would they need to remove the fireplace and back boiler in order to fit the insert and also would they need a flue installed with it?

Secondly, could you recommend any business in the South Tipperary/Waterford area who supplies and also installs stoves, or someone who would just carry out the labour side?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and thanks a million in advance.

Advertisement