Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LICENCE issue

Options
  • 23-09-2016 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

hello, any1, ok so i was 50 50 that i didn't need a licence to fish for trout in the rivermaine co kerry, now i asked in the local bait shop and was told i didn't need ant thing to fish for brown trout, the other day i was stopped by 3 fishiries board bailiffs who told me i needed 1 to fish there and they were going have to take my fishing gear, they stopped me on a bridge after i came up from the bank, i had no tackle on my rod nor was i seen fishing as i came up from down the river, they told me i needed a licence and ID, i had none and told them keep the gear its not worth the fine, they pushed the no licence on me and led me to believe this, now i questioned the fine today and found out its under section 301, impeding and obstructing a officier of the fisheries board, now i done nothing , gave over all my gear voluntarily and no argument , this happening to any 1 else, this is a bull**** excuse to fine u for 150 ,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

I don't really have much to offer sorry. I'm just wondering if you seen their ID or if they gave you a business card or how was the fine issued?

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

I've herd of this before from the IFI there some bully's ( not all of em) this is stupid they bully the legit angler while there's poachers all around the place and get ****ty fines..

I don't get why they'd fine you they way you described it, as I've said of herd of them bullying people about the no licence while fishing for trout but they never got fined? Have you lost out a piece of info just wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

Did you fail to give them your name and address OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 aerotuned

there were 3 of them there, they stated who they were, i didn't have ID on me at the time but gave my name and home address and handed over all over my gear, didn't cause any trouble, so if any 1 is to fish the river they can pull u over on a bogus charge , I'm nearly 90 persent sure they didn't hand me a fine either on the day, but was told they have the copy in the office, was told id get it in the post, I've sent them off an email asking what the fine relates to and what I'm supposed to have done, i didn't need a licence didn't have ID on me nor asked to produce it anywhere and answered all questions honestly,

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

Your not sure if they handed you a fine or not?
    Did they show you ID?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

aerotuned wrote: »
    there were 3 of them there, they stated who they were, i didn't have ID on me at the time but gave my name and home address and handed over all over my gear, didn't cause any trouble, so if any 1 is to fish the river they can pull u over on a bogus charge , I'm nearly 90 persent sure they didn't hand me a fine either on the day, but was told they have the copy in the office, was told id get it in the post, I've sent them off an email asking what the fine relates to and what I'm supposed to have done, i didn't need a licence didn't have ID on me nor asked to produce it anywhere and answered all questions honestly,

Are you sure they weren't some chancers who just took you for a fool and kinda robbed your gear?

no they showed me no id and like i said don't remember them giving me a fine on the day, ya there defo from the fishiries board as 1 of them is fairly recognisable and distinct my mates knows of him, same fella that tried to catch him out while sea fishing 1 evening,guess ill have to wait and see what they say i didn't do, will be cheaper for me to pay the fine as i work in london and come home monthly, and can't be paying to fly home for a bull **** fine, its just the principle of them telling me i was fishing without a licence and thats what the fine was going be for

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭GDSGR8

It's a salmon and sea trout fishery, you need a licence and a permit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Not if you're not fishing for seatrout or salmon.

so got my rods and tackle back as i reported them and there fine , it didn't even mention fishing without a licence and was for harassment , they said ok it might have been a minor infringement and they will let me off this time, i replied no there was no infringement and that i had done nothing wrong , was told do i want to drop the case or go to court and fight it,

• Advertisement
Advertisement