Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Fight Night (Brasilia): Cyborg v Lansberg

• 23-09-2016 9:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

d669b5e09ee154990f9a32ec4cfe244c.png

Date: Saturday 24th September
    Times: Fight Pass Prelims (11:30pm, Fight Pass), Prelims (1am, Fight Pass & BT Sport 2), Main Card (3am, BT Sport 2)
    Venue: Brasilia, Brazil
    Odds: Cyborg (1/9) v Lansberg (7/1)

Who Will Win The Main Event? 18 votes

Cyborg via KO/TKO
    0%
    Cyborg via Submission
    94%
    mdwexfordInquitusxtal191MellorHokishanec1928DeppZero-Coolprettyboy81harrEagererBeaverJR6finglashoopWrongway1985loudnoises89jousting with chairsTimRiggins 17 votes
    Cyborg via Decision
    0%
    Lansberg via KO/TKO
    0%
    Lansberg via Submission
    5%
    [Deleted User] 1 vote
    Lansberg via Decision
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Cyborg via Submission
    She looked like a zombie at weigh ins. Can only imagine the damage she's doing to her organs cutting such a huge amount

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

I've honestly never been less excited about a card.

Nelson/Silva is probably the only fight that interests me even slightly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Some pretty nice fights on this card

Lansberg via Submission
    I know cyborg had the same cut in her last fight and she still wont fairly handily, but I can see Lansberg being more of a challenge. Cyborg might not be at her full potential with that bad weight cut she had, I think Lansberg might have some kind of a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

How has Eric Spicely managed to get 2 fights in the UFC? He was far from impressive in TUF, very poor on his debut and it's not exactly a division that is lacking in numbers. They've also put him up against 2 solid fighters too!

• Advertisement

Lansberg via Submission
    John_D80 wrote: »
    I've honestly never been less excited about a card.

Nelson/Silva is probably the only fight that interests me even slightly.

Last weeks card was worse than this tbf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

I think the Yair Caceres card was the least exciting card of the past while, but this is close.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

What are the odds on Silva getting knocked out?

In his last 7 fights he's been TKO or KO in 5 of them!

All 5 were in the first round too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

CatFromHue wrote: »

2/7

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Cyborg via Submission
    CatFromHue wrote: »

The most knocked down fighter in UFC/WEC history.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

0 inch reach she has no chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

bur wrote: »
    0 inch reach she has no chance.

Has she no arms?

Lansberg via Submission
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Has she no arms?

Haha they have made that reach mistake quite a few times in the past few months, even Rogan and Schaub have b1tched about it a few times on the fight companion.

I like the addition of Dominick Cruz on co-commentary.

Goodnight Hector Urbina. :eek:

Stunning KO.

FFS Luque, now we have to wait 20 minutes or so for the next bloody fight. Selfish bastid.

Loved Cruz's commentary during that combo before the big KO punch. Calling it like he was pulling balls at a bingo hall. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭tinpib

My God, Cyborg is very masculine :eek:

Struggling to stay awake already.

• Advertisement

Lansberg via Submission
    Was an awesome first round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Paully D wrote: »

I'm assuming when it's that close they just let it go instead of forcing her to take off her sports bra and underwear behind the towel

Lansberg via Submission
    That was an excellent second round also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Dominic Cruz is very enjoyable to listen to. Really insightful breakdowns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Great docu if anyone hasn't seen it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Cyborg via Submission
    I like Cruz much better than Kenny

How come more fighters don't wear those ankle / foot bandage things Trinaldo is wearing.

They look like they'd be a real advantage, especially with respect to kicking an opponent's legs.

D.Q wrote: »
    Dominic Cruz is very enjoyable to listen to. Really insightful breakdowns.

Ya, I think he is excellent. Hope he does more commentating rather than just sitting back at the desk in studio.

edit: as an aside I think the beard suits Bigfoot Silva.

• Advertisement

Silva looks wobbly here 90secs left in the 2nd.

edit: and Silva is gonzo.

Big John a little slow there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Nelson gonna Nelson.

Big John a little slow there.

Yep, once he hit the canvas it should have been stopped. Certainly shouldn't have let him take another 4 punches, I think, on the ground.

And he kicked Big John up the arse afterwards??:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Nelson gonna Nelson.

Ugh.

Hates the third man in the octagon.

'If you can't get off your back, you suck' or whatever.

Roy. No-one cares, the sport evolved. No-one wants to watch someone in full guard for 25 minutes, thanks. Cut him ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Deadst4r wrote: »
    Ugh.

Roy. No-one cares, the sport evolved. No-one wants to watch someone in full guard for 25 minutes, thanks. Cut him ffs.

Wut??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

bur wrote: »
    Deadst4r wrote: »
    Ugh.

Wut??

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/roy-nelson-prefer-referees-just-231327271.html

I'm bored to death of the old heavy weights. He held Derrick Lewis down for three rounds and wanted the decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

That woman is a monster. Good luck trying to survive that.

Cyborg via Submission
    Its a shame that because of the fact that there is no 145 division in the UFC Cyborg probably won't get the credit she deserves for her career. Easily the greatest female fighter of all time.

Bigfoot now 1-5 in his last 6 suffering 5 KO's (not TKO's). He should not be allowed to fight again.
    How has Eric Spicely managed to get 2 fights in the UFC? He was far from impressive in TUF, very poor on his debut and it's not exactly a division that is lacking in numbers. They've also put him up against 2 solid fighters too!

:pac:

Bigfoot now 1-5 in his last 6 suffering 5 KO's (not TKO's). He should not be allowed to fight again.

:pac:

Bigfoot is one fighter who genuinely needed trt, its even more evident now i feel bad for him.

• Advertisement

ASOT wrote: »
    Bigfoot is one fighter who genuinely needed trt, its even more evident now i feel bad for him.

Even worse when everyday we are hearing about olympic medalists getting exemptions

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Lansberg via Submission
    TimRiggins wrote: »
    Its a shame that because of the fact that there is no 145 division in the UFC Cyborg probably won't get the credit she deserves for her career. Easily the greatest female fighter of all time.

I mean before the steroids and unneeded muscle she was competing at a lower weight. The most popular division for her sex is 135 in the UFC, Holly was fighting at 150 something in boxing and lost some muscle to make 135, so Cyborg can do it also. She is choosing to keep muscle so she can't cut down, she has also tested positive for steroids. In my opinion although a great fighter can not be called a the best female ever because of her cheating and also her refusing to make 135 (which she can do if she loses muscle)

I mean before the steroids and unneeded muscle she was competing at a lower weight. The most popular division for her sex is 135 in the UFC, Holly was fighting at 150 something in boxing and lost some muscle to make 135, so Cyborg can do it also. She is choosing to keep muscle so she can't cut down, she has also tested positive for steroids. In my opinion although a great fighter can not be called a the best female ever because of her cheating and also her refusing to make 135 (which she can do if she loses muscle)

You spout such sh1te

Cyborg via Submission

Oh, so she's not the best because she's not a 135er? Nonsense. As for the steroids, She's not competing and being tested under USADA and equally ruining girls. If she feels losing muscle mass is detrimental to her fighting skills then who are we to say otherwise? Would be calling for Conor to make 135 if the only big fight he had was against Cruz? How stupid does that sound?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

There should be massive question marks over Cyborg when it comes to steroids and her legacy. In my opinion any of those drugs cheats should have massive question marks over their entire careers.

There should be massive question marks over Cyborg when it comes to steroids and her legacy. In my opinion any of those drugs cheats should have massive question marks over their entire careers.

Thats why bisping is the GOAT

Cyborg via Submission

Steroids or no steroids she's the most dominant female the sport has ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Cyborg via Submission
    Cyborg looks good obviously but the drugs tarnish it the same as every other fighter who's been caught.

Also has she beaten many really good fighters during her career?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

TimRiggins wrote:
    Steroids or no steroids she's the most dominant female the sport has ever seen.

I'm sorry but for me those two statements don't go hand in hand. I hate the way people like sonnen, overeem and the likes are allowed to compete again after failing tests. Cyborg should have no legacy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement