Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Fight Night (Brasilia): Cyborg v Lansberg

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Cyborg via Submission
    I'm sorry but for me those two statements don't go hand in hand. I hate the way people like sonnen, overeem and the likes are allowed to compete again after failing tests. Cyborg should have no legacy.

Oh please. She failed a drugs test 4 years ago. She has looked equally as dominant since. The majority of the sport seemed to be on one thing or another. No legacy because she failed one drugs test but continues to TKO almost everyone she's fought for 11 years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

TimRiggins wrote:
    Oh please. She failed a drugs test 4 years ago. She has looked equally as dominant since. The majority of the sport seemed to be on one thing or another. No legacy because she failed one drugs test but continues to TKO almost everyone she's fought for 11 years?

I don't for one second think she's clean now, or ever was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I don't for one second think she's clean now, or ever was.

Do you think McGregor is clean?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

callaway92 wrote: »

Uh oh...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Why? What have you heard?

Are you just firing out a random name? Coz I cant for the life of me see what Conor McGregor has to do with it. Why name him and not one of the other few hundred fighters in the UFC?

John_D80 wrote: »

Are you just firing out a random name? Coz I cant for the life of me see what Conor McGregor has to do with it. Why name him and not one of the other few hundred fighters in the UFC?

Because the guy is probably a fan of McGregor I just wanted to see if he was AS biased.

Fine, I'll ask a different way. Do you think TJ Dillashaw is clean??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

No reason to believe he is not clean, he has never failed a drugs test.

Cyborg failed a drugs test and looks freakishly big and strong, hence the doubt over whether she is clean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

John_D80 wrote: »

Why name one of the other few hundred fighters and not him?

And naming him or any other fighter is 100% relevant when the topic being discussed is the current drug testing vs someone's opinion as a measure on wither someone is clean or not.

Cyborg looks like a tank but she is passing the current UFC drug tests so you have to except that she is clean or else the whole system is a joke.

No interest in turning this into another McGregor thread but to answer your question Conor has never failed a test so I think chances are he's clean. But to answer the question another way, if Conor ever does fail a test that's his legacy f*cked for me. I do think it's incredibly suss to see a fighter as dominant "off the juice" as they are on it. Hence for me there's always a question mark over Cyborg.

• Advertisement

No reason to believe he is not clean, he has never failed a drugs test.

Cyborg failed a drugs test and looks freakishly big and strong, hence the doubt over whether she is clean.

The poster said he doesn't believe she ever was or IS NOW even clean (even though she is doing tests the whole time like everyone else)

No interest in turning this into another McGregor thread but to answer your question Conor has never failed a test so I think chances are he's clean. But to answer the question another way, if Conor ever does fail a test that's his legacy f*cked for me. I do think it's incredibly suss to see a fighter as dominant "off the juice" as they are on it. Hence for me there's always a question mark over Cyborg.

Ya it ruins a legacy for me too. I was massively let down by Lesnar.

I know it's an innocent until proven guilty scenario but I'd be surprised if McGregor or any other top guy wasn't juicing in some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

JJayoo wrote: »
    Why name one of the other few hundred fighters and not him?

Well because there are plenty fighters out there with whom there is an element of doubt attached. And not just fighters who have failed tests either. Why McGregor?
    JJayoo wrote: »
    Cyborg looks like a tank but she is passing the current UFC drug tests so you have to except that she is clean or else the whole system is a joke.

No, of course its not. As long as there is testing, there will be guys trying to find methods of passing tests while cheating and sometimes they will succeed. Thats why the testing evolves from year to year. That doesn't make the testing system a joke.

As for Cyborg, or any athlete that fails a test, there will always be doubt attached to them as long as they are still competing. Personally myself, when I see someone (not anyone in particular) who has been popped before, its always at the back of my mind that they have just found a new way of cheating.

When speaking about runing legacies are we talking only about the current MMA generation in which drugs are bad?or are we including the early days in which drugs were good such as Pride.

callaway92 wrote:
    I know it's an innocent until proven guilty scenario but I'd be surprised if McGregor or any other top guy wasn't juicing in some way.

I possibly agree in some ways but until a test is failed I dunno. I'm especially suspicious when some is a dominant after coming back from a failed test. There should be some sort of a decline or change in physique like we've seen with Overeem.

I also don't for one second believe the current testing has weeded out all the cheaters.

Can fighters get exemptions?

• Advertisement

JJayoo wrote:
    Can fighters get exemptions?

Pretty sure Therapeutic Use Exemptions still exist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Lots of missed weights, Olivera by 5.5lbs cant weigh more than 175lbs on fight night, can see that getting scrapped. I feel bad for brooks. Diaz also missed weight and tubby lineker adds to his porrfolio of missed weights bringing his tally to 5.

ASOT wrote:
    Lots of missed weights, Olivera by 5.5lbs cant weigh more than 175lbs on fight night, can see that getting scrapped. I feel bad for brooks. Diaz also missed weight and tubby lineker adds to his porrfolio of missed weights bringing his tally to 5.

Wrong thread but better than McGregor talk! Oliviera looked shocking bad. Lineker just can't do cuts can he. Is that a record for missed cuts by a fighter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Wrong thread but better than McGregor talk! Oliviera looked shocking bad. Lineker just can't do cuts can he. Is that a record for missed cuts by a fighter?

Heads all over the place today but when pauly gets his arse into gear and makes a thread a mod can move it. Yeah id imagine so, its shocking. Seen Oliviera on the scales he looked terrible

Advertisement