Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hair like an old brush

• 23-09-2016 10:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭

so my hair might as well be an old brush if i leave it grow beyond a few centimetres its uncontrollable ive tried pretty much all the styling gels
    none are able to keep it in place.

ive tried a few different conditioners while they help marginally
    they dont really ive tried putting in argan oil and moroccan oil over night
    again pretty much no improvement

is there a shampoo/conditioner out there that can help me?

i just want all my hair to sit down without bits sticking out all over the place like a bush

any recommendations please

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭chicorytip

dunworth1 wrote: »
    so my hair might as well be an old brush if i leave it grow beyond a few centimetres its uncontrollable ive tried pretty much all the styling gels
    none are able to keep it in place.

ive tried a few different conditioners while they help marginally
    they dont really ive tried putting in argan oil and moroccan oil over night
    again pretty much no improvement

is there a shampoo/conditioner out there that can help me?

i just want all my hair to sit down without bits sticking out all over the place like a bush

any recommendations please

Just be thankful you actually have a full head of hair! Keep it cut as short as possible.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Learn how to blow-dry it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Go to a hairdresser and get them to thin out your hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Coffeeandtea

I wouldn't say my hair is like a brush....buts definitely prone to frizzyness...if I don't blow dry my hair (while brushing it straight )..it's a complete mess....I have found a shampoo and conditioner that helps..it's called sabastian hydre and you can get it on amazon....however there are different types of ftizzy hair....my hair is very fine and now also grey and colour treateD. ..from your post it sounds more like your hair is course and thick.....in any case a good hairdresser will be able to "diagnose " your hair and reccomend products....kerastase and redkin are good high end brands....expensive though. ...I had to try a few until I ft ound one that worked......also the right "cut"...could do wonders for short unruly hair....you probably need to visit a salon as opposed to barbers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

Go to a good hairdresser and see if there's any way they can recommend a style that will work with your hair. Would you consider a brazilian blow dry? It's a keratin treatment which does wonders for frizzy hair. It might not be economical for men because it works best on longer hair. Alternatively you could keep your hair very short.

You might have to learn to live with your hair and just find a way to style it that works with the bushiness.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Musketeer4

I can relate op. Once I let my hair grown beyond about 40mm there is nothing in the world that will keep it sitting down properly. I get this "frill" of hair jutting out all around the back of crown. It looks really scruff but all the get or wax in the world won't keep it down. I either have to keep it cut short or let it grow long enough so that it will lay down on its own so i just keep it short.

Some of you might mention my hair thinning problem. Just got my hair cut at the weekend and on looking at my crown I can't see as much of my scalp as I used to. Hair feels thicker when I run my hand through it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Hat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Hi OP,

I think the biggest thing you could do it go to a proper unisex hairdresser and get them to thin it out with a scissors. They could also probably recommend some products, but thinning out the volume is going to be what makes a real difference.

From what I understand most barbers use razors etc, which is going to leave the hair length all very uniform, and if its coarse in any way, this will give it a bristle-ish effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭dunworth1

I bought some John Freda shampoo and conditioner and it seems to be helping a bit

Advertisement