Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refurb from Amazon: Am I being conned?

Options
  • 23-09-2016 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Normally on the Android side of the fence but helping out a family member. Purchased a 5S from Amazon:
    Apple iPhone 5s 16GB Factory Unlocked

Just checking it over before passing it on. Externally its perfect but two things have caught my attention:
    • It wont activate without a SIM, even with iTunes. Is it going to network imprint and lock to the first SIM inserted?
    • An IMEI check on Apple.com gives:We're sorry, but this is a serial number for a product that has been replaced. Please check your information and re-enter your serial number. If your information is correct, you may need to contact us.

Time to RMA to the Marketplace seller or all above board?

Cheers,
    ED-E.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Point one is true. Any iPhone won't activate without a SIM card inserted.

Point two sounds dodgy to me and it's enough for me to play my "if it's too good to be true..." card.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Great, thanks for the help gents.

Advertisement