Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alpine stars Andes gear

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Haven't got it but reading reviews there is very little venting it has a permanent floating liner for waterproof but you will probably sweat like a mofo. May only be good for the coldest of days.

I'd be more a man for layers than for one fixed. Solution.

Should check. Out revzilla website and YouTube their reviews are second to none

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

Seen the reviews but there's none better than from someone that's using it on a daily basis especially here in Ireland, not concerned about the venting as would only use it on rainy days when I really have to as I prefer leathers for dry days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

I've one for the last six months..... It's waterproof but sweaty, liner is warm, back protector is a joke, cuffs are big enough for winter gloves, neck closure is useless and comes open a lot resulting in water ingress in the rain, two pockets on outside are waterproof, not enough Velcro over the zip, it's nicely made though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

yea Ive one about a year, maybe more

not waterproof without the liner (I lost mine :( ) - so if it rains, it gets pretty waterlogged. For that reason I prob wouldnt recommend. Really need the very outer layer to be waterproof imo. I wear a rain jacket over it

lots of zips/vents so pretty decent for the hot days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Wossack wrote: »
    yea Ive one about a year, maybe more

not waterproof without the liner (I lost mine :( ) - so if it rains, it gets pretty waterlogged. For that reason I prob wouldnt recommend. Really need the very outer layer to be waterproof imo. I wear a rain jacket over it

lots of zips/vents so pretty decent for the hot days

can be the same one, that one has liner built in i.e non removable. as such vents are not good for hot days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

ah you might be right, apologies - turns out mine's a Valparaiso, not an Andes..! looks the same from a quick look at the link hah.. oops

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭multiscan

I got this jacket 3 weeks ago and it was well tested in heavy rain

collar is on short side but i can actually close it and didn't cause any issue during heavy rain. i didn't check front pockets after heavy rain but i dont generally use them for items that can get destroyed , took me day or two to get used to two way zip.

i got jacket from amazon currently priced at 150GBP, which is the same price as my okish SPADA or disappointing RST L Sizing/fitment is nice and snug , not as baggy as the other 4 jackets i had . back protector is standard one for the money.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Alpinestars-Andes-Drystar-Jacket-Black/dp/B008S988DQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1477909255&sr=8-3&keywords=andes%2Bjacket&th=1&psc=1

its gonna be used everyday so time will tell but so far i am happy and price was right too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

Yep I went and bought it too, also bought the trousers and like the the fit on them both
    Like yourself I've been out in a heavy downpour and not got wet, I had my phone and wallet in the front waterproof pockets and they came out dry after the spin and was out for a 2 hour spin today with only a t shirt on and it was nice and cosy, as said previously it's a very warm jacket so I'll really only be wearing it from october to april or in rain at other times.
    It's really good gear for it's price range but I would recommend getting the Alpinestars Nucleon KR-2i Back Protector with it for better protection.
    It's a nice light waterproof jacket that looks well and priced very well too, it has plenty of pockets and the waterproof pockets do work so I'm right happy with it so far.
    I'm 5' 11" and 80kg and the large fits me the way I want but I'd say it would fit someone up to 90kg and a few inches taller as well.
    I'll come back in a few months and let you know how its going.

Advertisement