Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roundabout Part:Deux

• 24-09-2016 12:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

So came across this in the Dashcam thread.
    KK4SAM wrote: »

Firstly if we could avoid killing each other that would be great. Secondly my take on it...

OP moves from the right lane to the left lane - as previously discussed this seems to be accepted best practice. However at the time the bus is approaching the roundabout the left lane is clear.

Who is in the right?

My feeling is the OP as the bus would still have gone across him if he'd stayed in the right lane and exited onto the right lane of the exit.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Thoughts? People make mistakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

He's driving too fast down that country road too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Kings Inns or bust

Ah feck, I knew this wasn't gonna be the enlightening discussion on roundabouts I'd hoped, they seem to be the poison chalice of this forum. Mods could you lock and ideally delete and burn this thread please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

The bus should have waited. Still, while that driver isn't terrible he seems a bit too giddy. It's all fine having a dashcam to prove you're "in the right" but no need to act like a nazi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Bus yields to cars at the rb, does not really matter which lane they are in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

Ah feck, I knew this wasn't gonna be the enlightening discussion on roundabouts I'd hoped, they seem to be the poison chalice of this forum. Mods could you lock and ideally delete and burn this thread please?

What were you expecting ? lol That dash cam nonsense should be kept to the dash cam thread, there's a reason most of us never click on it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Kings Inns or bust

tossy wrote: »
    What were you expecting ? lol That dash cam nonsense should be kept to the dash cam thread, there's a reason most of us never click on it :)

I was hoping for some discussion of roundabouts as framed in the OP... note 'hoping'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

I was hoping for some discussion of roundabouts as framed in the OP... note 'hoping'.

Traffic should not enter the roundabout until it is clear.. traffic on the roundabout has right of way. So regardless, the bus should have stayed put til the car was past.

I think he'd have been better in the first lane, unless there were markings to suggest the 2nd lane was acceptable or preferable.

As for the lane change... I don't think it was necessary. I could understand if he was taking the 3rd exit of a busy roundabout where he would be exiting as others zipped past from an outer lane.. but in this case he could have exited from the lane he was in.

I'm far from an expert on roundabouts btw. Doubt anyone is.

Edit: think i got confused by the dash cam turning.. if he's turning right, he's in the correct lane to begin with. The lane change seems a bit dodgy either way.

Advertisement