Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too Many Redirects

• 24-09-2016 12:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭

Keep getting this on my OnePlus One running Android 6. Happens on Chrome & Firefox but doesnt affect Chromium.

Have tried clearing the cache but no difference. Any suggestions?

The.

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi jaqian,
    Sorry for the delay answeriung your query - are you still experiencing this issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

I've been experiencing the same bug for several weeks.

Sony Xperia Z3 compact viewing through Chrome.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

The lads fixed a bug today where urls had a '?' at the end which resulted in a redirect. This may (or may not) have resolved your issue but let me know if not and what error/result you are getting. Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

Hi jaqian,
    Sorry for the delay answeriung your query - are you still experiencing this issue?

Yup only in Chrome, posting this from Firefox. Got the error with this link, is there an issue with how's its structured maybe? Only guessing.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057651501/newpost?zxf=1475150012?utm_source=notification?utm_medium=email?utm_campaign=notification

I'm still getting it on chrome even for just www.boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Happens to me with Dolphin & Safari(requesting desktop site) on Bargain Alerts.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi all,

Still looking into this issue. One user said that they got around this by viewing boards.ie in Incognito Mode, so would you mind trying that please?

Good shout, incognito mode worked by selecting the thread and opening in a new incognito tab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Hi all,

Still looking into this issue. One user said that they got around this by viewing boards.ie in Incognito Mode, so would you mind trying that please?

Cheers Mark, I can confirm Dolphin browser works fine when Private mode is selected :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭OrdeP

To make it work using android chrome you need turn off the data saver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Can confirm turning off data saver in Chrome worked for me, strange that it would cause it only in the last few weeks it was fine with data saver on all along?

Boards.ie Employee

Interesting, thanks for letting us know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Same issue here with Boards on chrome on an S7. Turning off data saver solved it. Is there a fix from boards yet?

• Administrators Posts: 14,259 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

I've noticed this over the last few days on an Android tablet using Chrome. Works fine from Android phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Despite the thread title saying this is resolved it most certainly isn't. Turning off the Data Saver option or using Incognito Mode is not a fix in my opinion, they are merely workarounds.

Will this ever be properly resolved?

Boards.ie Employee

Not resolved from a technical standpoint unfortunately, but does indicate that there is a solution of sorts that people can try. Obviously it's not ideal, so we are looking at more permanent solutions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Just wondering if there is any update on this? I have had to turn off data saver as well to get Boards.ie links to work. Cheers.

Boards.ie Employee

JTMan wrote: »
    Just wondering if there is any update on this? I have had to turn off data saver as well to get Boards.ie links to work. Cheers.

No good news yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Getting this "too many redirects" message in the Opera browser, Chrome and Firefox seem to work fine. Is this related to the problems discussed in this thread, and is there any fix for it on the horizon? Its a pain having to open another browser to view Boards.ie. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭yermanhimself

I have the same problem when I try to open www.boards.ie from my laptop using Opera - it is fine when I use Chrome or IE.

Is anyone working on a solution to this issue or are the site operators content with users using various workarounds rather than solving the root cause of the problem with this website ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

This shouldn't marked as s resolved as the issue is still there. Yes there is a work around but the actual issue itself is unresolved and has been like this for well over 6 months now. Is this actually being worked on or are boards happy to count a work around as an actual solution?

Boards.ie Employee

Unfortunately, yes, Opera can also experience the same error.

It is understandably a pain that this error a) occurs and b) that the workaround results in opening a completely different browser. I can tell you that it's on the tech guys' list of things to do. Being completely honest with you, it's likely to be an issue that they'll dip in and out of rather than prioritise as there is a workaround in place.

Sorry for the inconvenience and hassle.

Unfortunately, yes, Opera can also experience the same error.

It is understandably a pain that this error a) occurs and b) that the workaround results in opening a completely different browser. I can tell you that it's on the tech guys' list of things to do. Being completely honest with you, it's likely to be an issue that they'll dip in and out of rather than prioritise as there is a workaround in place.

Sorry for the inconvenience and hassle.

No problem Mark, I work in customer support so I appreciate the honest answer! Hopefully they get around to it at some point. Cheers man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,018 ✭✭✭opus

This is happening to me also in Chrome running on Windows 10, I had to install Firefox to post this! Tried clearing cookies as suggested by the Chrome error message but it didn't help.

Boards.ie Employee

opus wrote: »
    This is happening to me also in Chrome running on Windows 10, I had to install Firefox to post this! Tried clearing cookies as suggested by the Chrome error message but it didn't help.

Sorry about that opus; the best workaround seems to be to use Chrome's Incognito mode.

Sorry about that opus; the best workaround seems to be to use Chrome's Incognito mode.

I tried it on another pc with Chrome & it worked fine, will trying clearing out the cache as it used to work before, just stopped one day.

Just following up from before - had a problem in Opera, but now working fine in a new installation of Opera. It's very annoying, though - hope it's fixed soon!

What finally fixed this for me in Chrome finally was disabling the Google Data Saver extension. This is a handy one to have so would be great if whatever is causing the issue with it could be fixed.

All working ok now on Chrome on both Windows & Linux.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭jamesthepeach

I get this on opera mini.
    Is it ever going to be fixed?

• Advertisement
    Boards.ie Employee

I get this on opera mini.
    Is it ever going to be fixed?

The complication is because it's an issue with the difference in how Chrome/Opera and Boards handle requests. The browsers seem to do a double request, but lessen the load in incognito mode, which seems to be why that workaround works.

Obviously hoping that we can get a fix in place, but there is a way to browse as per normal until that point.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement