Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too Many Redirects

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭jamesthepeach

The complication is because it's an issue with the difference in how Chrome/Opera and Boards handle requests. The browsers seem to do a double request, but lessen the load in incognito mode, which seems to be why that workaround works.

Obviously hoping that we can get a fix in place, but there is a way to browse as per normal until that point.

Just looking at how long the issue is open.
    Any idea how many more years it will take ;)

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Just looking at how long the issue is open.
    Any idea how many more years it will take ;)

Hopefully by the time I hit retirement age :)

As it doesn't completely break things and there is a workaround, it does slip down the list of priorities. But it is on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Escapees

Had a whole load of fun with this problem tonight... All with Chrome Android bowser, different phones. Eventually resorted to installing Opera browser to post this. This problem has been raising its head for quite some time now - it's so frustrating and yet I've never come across the same error message with any other website so it really does seem specific to boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭jamesthepeach

Escapees wrote: »
    Had a whole load of fun with this problem tonight... All with Chrome Android bowser, different phones. Eventually resorted to installing Opera browser to post this. This problem has been raising its head for quite some time now - it's so frustrating and yet I've never come across the same error message with any other website so it really does seem specific to boards.ie.

I get it on opera too.
    Not all the time, but when I do boards is unusable for a day or two and then it goes away for a few days. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭rat catcher

Any update on a fix yet? Pulling my hair out on chrome Android. Thanks Rick

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Afraid not. Should be no need to lose hair though; incognito mode seems to do the trick. Failing that, please turn off data saver. A different browser should also fix the issue.

EDIT: Turns out a cache clear should fix this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Try Firefox with the uBlock plugin installed on your Android device.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

I've given up on an actual fix to the root issue, there are work arounds available but no actual fix.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement