Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the Bank of Ireland dealing with my request

Options
  • 24-09-2016 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

[font=Cambria","serif]Earlier this year my wife died from Cancer therefore I am requesting that our joint accounts are put solely in my name, future correspondance be sent to Worsley not Arizona and have requested 365 Online access. I need confirmation that the Castlebar Branch  a) have received my letter b) are actioning my requests. My Email is <snip> at gmail.com.  I have tried multiple avenues to deal with this :- [/font]

[font=Cambria","serif]1)     [/font][font=Cambria","serif]Trying to call direct results in an automated set of options which  are not helpful.[/font]

[font=Cambria","serif]2)     [/font][font=Cambria","serif] Visiting the Manchester Branch, they did not want to know drastically different to their approach 2 years ago.[/font]

[font=Cambria","serif]3)     [/font][font=Cambria","serif]Calling the U.K. Helpline resulted in a series of dropped transfers. I bought an O2 International SIM which was supposed to charge me at 2p a minute, going through this route resulted in a 30 minute dropped call cost £10.[/font]

[font=Cambria","serif]4)     [/font][font=Cambria","serif]I frequently contact my daughter in Arizona from Manchester using Whatsapp at no charge. Does the BOI use this as the previous method is too costly and ineffective.[/font]

[font=Cambria","serif]5)     [/font][font=Cambria","serif]Does the BOI offer Skype, I looked in vain for a Chat Box, it desperately needs a Business CRM [/font]

[font=Cambria","serif]I may be missing something as this year has been devastating for me and my daughter.[/font]

[font=Cambria","serif]Thank you for any assistance.[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Morning mchughetal, 

Thank you for your query here today. 

I would like to offer my sincerest sympathy to you, your daughter and family for your recent loss. 

We would be more than happy to help you here to get this issue resolved as soon as possible. To help us with this, just send me a private message with your full name, branch name and your contact number. 

To send a private message please make sure you have signatures set to display in your control panel settings. Then click in the link in my signature below to send the message.  

I hope to hear from your soon, 

Kind regards, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mchughetal

Hi,

I am accessing the Internet via the Library.

The new Three SIM does not allow Mobile Hotspots unlike my old AT&T SIM so I guess I have to wait until Wednesday when I go into Manchester with my laptop to alter control panel settings. At this point all I want to know is if the Castlebar Branch has received my letter and something is happening. Also in the 30 minute call to your Bereavement section is anything happening. I am very concerned as the letter contained Account numbers, Death Cert, Passport Info etc. I can be instant messaged on <snip> which is my Three SIM Number. To call BOI I had to use an O2 SIM.

This process has been effortless with the TSB etc. If you can't/won't email me then message me or mail a letter to the <snip> Address. I will be in Mayo/Galway soon and need to expedite this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

mchughetal wrote: »
    Hi,

I am accessing the Internet via the Library.

The new Three SIM does not allow Mobile Hotspots unlike my old AT&T SIM so I guess I have to wait until Wednesday when I go into Manchester with my laptop to alter control panel settings.  At this point all I want to know is if the Castlebar Branch has received my letter and something is happening. Also in the 30 minute call to your Bereavement section is anything happening. I am very concerned as the letter contained Account numbers, Death Cert, Passport Info etc. I can be instant messaged on <snip> which is my Three SIM Number. To call BOI I had to use an O2 SIM.

This process has been effortless with the TSB etc. If you can't/won't email me then message me or mail a letter to the <snip> Address. I will be in Mayo/Galway soon and need to expedite this.
    Hi,

We’ll be happy to arrange a call from our Castlebar branch as soon as you can send your details in a private 
    message to us.

Regrettably we’d be unable to confirm if letter was received till we have your full name and details to check this.

Please send private message when you are home and we will be happy to assist with this.

Thanks,
    Tara C

Councillor Graham Compton from Worsley made a couple of phone calls for me and apparently Cathy O Donnell has been trying to call me from BOI Castlebar since Friday but was probably using the O2 number not the Three number. Not to worry all I have to do now is find the O2 Sim Card. However I have her number and hopefully she is on Whatsapp.

During the WW2 A German spy was arrested in Ireland within 24 hours ... why ?

He wasn t related to anyone ... J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Councillor Graham Compton from Worsley made a couple of phone calls for me and apparently Cathy O Donnell has been trying to call me from BOI Castlebar since Friday but was probably using the O2 number not the Three number. Not to worry all I have to do now is find the O2 Sim Card. However I have her number and hopefully she is on Whatsapp.

During the WW2 A German spy was arrested in Ireland within 24 hours ... why ?

He wasn t related to anyone ... J
    Hi mchughetal,

Thanks for the update today. 

I have just sent you a Private Message. Can you check if you can reply to this for me?

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Advertisement

Hi,

My Three number is [deleted]. I would appreciate an email or instant message so I am aware I am being called. It is too easy to miss a call.

Best Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi,

My Three number is <snip>. I would appreciate an email or instant message so I am aware I am being called. It is too easy to miss a call.

Best Regards

James McHugh
    Hi mchughetal 

Can you please delete or edit this post asap with your personal details for security reasons. We've received your Private Message and will reply to this very shortly.

Many Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement