Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best places to go for a stroll and beaches

Options
  • 24-09-2016 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭

Jes sure im back again!! Where are the best beaches in Galway more on the Oranmore ish side or lets say a 20min drive away.. Not for swimming now but more for exploring and taking the pooch for a stroll, so not mad busy...

An exciting place now where things wash up... We used to go to Garryvoe in Cork and i loved it, youd have all these odd marine life washing up and twas just a lovely quite beach..All suggesions welcome thanks

Best woods also the creepier or funnier the better

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Try flaggy shore or traught beach to doorus pier. A bit further than oranmore but not that far

Renville Park

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Great now this is it.. Thansk Dacor we went to Renville alright lovely park and woods. When we got there I was like this is no woods but I see now i was wrong.. Great facilities there also..

This is more what i am talking about stampydmonkey.. Those beached look like they might be worth a shot.. Laughing as the pooch isnt the best on stones so me thinks flaggy beach might be off. I am sure we were there before, is that where Dusty comes in to swim around by any chance?

Doorus Pier that looks interesting, not showing much on google maps for it, is it hard to find?
    Traught beach too think we may visit there today...

We went for a spin yesterday to Tawan..Loverly spot so it was..

Doorus Pier (might not actually be called that but its how I know it) is here

Or drive to Traught Beach, park up facing the sea and head left along the shore. The pier is about 2k away along the shore.

Thank you very much ended up having a lazy Sunday with the crap weather so well plan it for during the week perhaps thanks again

• Advertisement

Thank you stampydmonkey we went down to Traught Beach Yesterday and it was loverly, perfect spot for a stroll.. Surprised to see people still swimming without wetsuits, id say the water was freezing..

A question while i have people here, The Pizza Chap in the van on the road from Ballyvaughan whats he about then? Is the Pizza nice and what times does he normally be there at. Going mad as we got a pizza in tasty macs the last time and well it wasnt tasty...

And any recommendations for a good massage.. I used to go to a Filipino lady in Cork €45 for a full body massage and it was heaven..

The water is actually quite warm. It keeps warming until October. Takes a while for the north atlantic drift to reach Ireland.

The pizza guy is there only recently. Havent stopped myself.

mmm are you sure.. I suppose tis differant feeling the water from the beach itself.. Maybe ill chance it then and see. I liked the litter picker upper too shame they dont have them in Cork beaches...I might have to stop in and have a chat with the pizza man then see what the sca is

Back for more local knowledge is there any handball alleys around, or lets say a good place to bounce a ball against a wall... Got these super balls that sounds so wrong I know, but Jack Attack balls and was thinking I wouldn't mind a bit of handball (sounds even worse) haha

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Claregalway have a Handball club and train in Carnmore. That's about 10-15 minutes from Oranmore.

https://www.facebook.com/ClaregalwayHandballClub/posts/1008295919210358

• Advertisement

Does anyone know what is happening with Dunsandle Castle.. Found it on a walk but cannot find much informaiton about it in the recent years. is it just being left idle or what are they doing with it.. Is there anything else in that woods of interest?

Advertisement