Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling Car Boot Sale. Balrothery Inn, Saturday 22nd October - 2-4pm

Options
  • 24-09-2016 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭

OK so myself and Rob Fowl spoke to our local innkeeper about staging a car boot sale for cyclists.
    He had no issues using the carpark of The Balrothery Inn in North County Dubin!
    In fact he was more then accomadating and gave us pointers on what to do.
    We have to sort out a date to make sure he has no major events pencilled in.

We are 'probably' looking at 4 weeks time on a Sat afternoon BUT but needs to be finalised.

Any input appreciated but as I said our hands may well be tied with dates and times.

If interested 'follow' this thread and one of us will post updates as we get them!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Ok so we are looking at a date of Sat 22nd October.
    This is the weekend BEFORE the October Bank Holiday.
    Pub need to come back and confirm the date but provisionally its a go!
    We will be looking at running it for a a few hours in the afternoon so people can get their Sat spin in!

Directions:
    M1 exit 5 ( Lusk/Balbriggan South)
    Keep going North on R132 (Old N1) until you reach traffic lights. Just after traffic lights the re is a right hand turn in Balrothery. Balrothery Inn is directly on the left.
    Please if your interested in selling or buying can you let me or Rob Fowl know as seller numbers will depend on where we set it up.
    Ta!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i hope to make it, not looking for anything specific so i may end up being a time-wasting tyre kicker...

Time wasting tyre kickers welcome.
    Good to put faces to monikers!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Just to be clear we have a venue with a good sized car park, food, coffee and decent beer. We have the landlord on our side and a bit of planning already done.

Be nice to us and support it :)

De northside and indeed the North County is not that scary or that far .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭secman

RobFowl wrote: »
    Just to be clear we have a venue with a good sized car park, food, coffee and decent beer. We have the landlord on our side and a bit of planning already done.

Is there security at the venue :) do we need passports to go over there?

• Advertisement

We are looking at getting an area secured for us so we can control numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

secman wrote: »
    do we need passports to go over there?

No passports to go north but you will need them if you plan to travel back south of the Liffey. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,538 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Any rides planned to leave from the car park ?

ted1 wrote: »
    As in....?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,538 ✭✭✭✭ted1

koutoubia wrote: »
    As in....?

60-100km boards cycle leaving 2 hours after start of car boot sale

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

well, *i* will have to leave the car park at some point.

60-100km boards cycle leaving 2 hours after start of car boot sale

With a beer supply so close I will be happy to walk out of the car park!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

VCB club spin will leave and return from near there that am but sure others may want one later?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Damn you leaving me very conflicted, putting the north side and decent beer in the same post. Is enjoying one worth braving the other?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

... but sure others may want one later?
    Want what.....a ride? :confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

The clubs of South Dublin are debating the journey, behold the representatives from Orwell, Tiernans, UCD, SDCC etc (Just insult the rest by not including them).

lotr-the-fellowship-of-the-ring-aragorn-11449246-1280-720.jpg

Want what.....a ride? :confused:

De Northside is full of great roides ...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I'm interested so long as I can buy stuff that fits in panniers

De Northside is full of great roides ...
    That may be, but what about us men of the soil of the North County?

Weepsie wrote: »
    Jayus, it's hardly a lucky dip. I'm sure koutoubia will allow you to see before buying.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Jayus, it's hardly a lucky dip. I'm sure koutoubia will allow you to see before buying.

I like the mystery element too to be honest. Then try to figure out how to cycle the 30 or so km home with all sorts of stuff I don't need

Weepsie wrote:

Well if the stuff doesn't fit you will probably be able to buy bigger panniers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Sounds good. Give me a shout if I can help out guys.

As for the south siders, I travelled twice in peak traffic to Lamb Doyles from NCD just to attend these before, so a Saturday morning makes much more sense and it really is just a short and easy trip off the M1

CramCycle wrote: »
    The clubs of South Dublin are debating the journey, behold the representatives from Orwell, Tiernans, UCD, SDCC etc (Just insult the rest by not including them).

lotr-the-fellowship-of-the-ring-aragorn-11449246-1280-720.jpg

I presume that's the 4 Tiernans reps at the front ;)

one does not simply walk to balrothery.
    what is this, a triathlon?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I presume that's the 4 Tiernans reps at the front ;)

https://goo.gl/photos/1nxTgfHR1mdrZQX59

one does not simply walk to balrothery.
    what is this, a triathlon?

You can cycle, drive, get the bus (dublin bus stop literally opposite Pub), train station 1 mile away ;)

Surprisingly short trip from the city centre

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I'll head out to have a look. May have a few bits to get rid of also. The weather and if I have anything to sell will determine if I drive or cycle out (once I ask my wife of course wont mention its a cycling car boot sale!)

Ok... starting to get interest from sellers already. Let's hope this can work out. Can you spread the word amongst your respective clubs and cycling community in general.

• Advertisement

Advertisement