Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling Car Boot Sale. Balrothery Inn, Saturday 22nd October - 2-4pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭usheeeen

Are people just selling parts at this or full bikes too? I have a few I could bring if there's interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Don't see a problem with full bikes as long as they are yours to sell!

Bumpety Bump.

Sat week for those interested!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Is there a time confirmed?

Between 2 and 4 .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

cython wrote: »
    Eh, Blanch are technically a northside club - Strawberry Hall (meeting point) being on the north bank of the Liffey, after all (even if the address might be Chapelizod). :pac:

Ahh, the Strawberry Hall used to be a nice pub, with bagatelle played in the lounge. Nice family running it.

Where's the sale? Might bring me front panniers and racks (and a spanner to take the racks off).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Anyone who wants a stall/space with significant amounts to shift contact me or koutobia

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

the strawberry hall was where me and the lads used to go when learning to drink (even though i was a non-drinker at the time); declan used to put mix tapes together for us (i'd never heard of big black or public image ltd until then) and entertain us with his stories about being a medium. i still don't know if he was sincere or trying to wind us up.
    we used to hear stories about the wren's nest; a real 'local pub for local people' as the stories would have it. was enough fun walking to the straw, without having to deal with walking to the wren's nest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

the strawberry hall was where me and the lads used to go when learning to drink (even though i was a non-drinker at the time); declan used to put mix tapes together for us (i'd never heard of big black or public image ltd until then) and entertain us with his stories about being a medium. i still don't know if he was sincere or trying to wind us up.
    we used to hear stories about the wren's nest; a real 'local pub for local people' as the stories would have it. was enough fun walking to the straw, without having to deal with walking to the wren's nest.

There were three local pubs: the Wren's, the Angler's and the Strawberry Hall. All were real local pubs where local people drank. Perhaps the Wren's was the local-est, though, all right.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

it was a 45 minute walk for me to get to the strawberry hall, and this was actually the nearest of the three. we used to walk down the esker from the sandpits cottages onto the liffey.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Anyone gonna have any wheels for sale in the 250-350 price range. If so I might take a trip out as its all I'm really looking for. Obviously they need to be in good condition and good value

Can someone drop Ryan Sherlock a pm (or an email) to this thread.
    I would suspect he would have a treasure trove of stuff!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

koutoubia wrote: »

Done

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I may try to get to this (do i need to confirm by a specific day)?

I have a shed load of Team Sky related stuff including quite a few jerseys (some signed) and a limited edition (50) T shirt that was given after Froomes 1st TdF win.

Frankly its clogging up my cycling drawer :eek:

no need to confirm by a certain day BUT it would be really handy for us!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Not around it appears

No worries. Thanks for trying all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Boardsies name tags should be standard for all attending ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

moonshadow wrote: »
    Boardsies name tags should be standard for all attending ;)

I am going to use someone elses username and act the maggot all day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Are you expecting him to offload a few KOM's?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Are you expecting him to offload a few KOM's?

I'd be looking for Ryan to sell his legs and lungs!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

CramCycle wrote: »

Slideshowbob was your name before weren't it...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Would it be in order to list here, some of the items, that I intend bringing to the Sale?
    Will there be a charge to sellers?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭secman

CramCycle wrote: »

Okay beasty:)

Eamonnator wrote:
    Would it be in order to list here, some of the items, that I intend bringing to the Sale? Will there be a charge to sellers?

I think it will be ok to list here BUT NO DEALING OR TRADING here.
    WRT charging a fee ...No. We wont charge but if someone wants to make a donation to a charity that myself and Rob decide or to the Santa Strike Force here at Xmas then I don't think there will be a problem.

has anyone ever tried to sell full bikes at these?

has anyone ever tried to sell full bikes at these?

We've never had one before !

Try away as long as its bike related and yours to sell :)

• Advertisement

i've none to sell, just asking out of curiosity.

Advertisement