Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling Car Boot Sale. Balrothery Inn, Saturday 22nd October - 2-4pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭usheeeen

has anyone ever tried to sell full bikes at these?

I'm going to be bringing a few I think. A carbon road bike (hongfu fm015 isp 58cm iiirc) that needs a few things done to it (nothing major - new bartape, saddle maybe a stem), a hinault pictured here needs new stem, a genesis day one singlespeed CX bike 58cm.

And 2 track frames both 58cm square iirc- one custom dutch made, one an old bob jackson.

Also have a 2015 giant propel advanced 2 I'll need to sell at some point, but I wont be bringing that unless theres interest.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

usheeeen wrote: »
    I'm going to be bringing a few I think. A carbon road bike (hongfu fm015 isp 58cm iiirc) that needs a few things done to it (nothing major - new bartape, saddle maybe a stem), a hinault pictured here needs new stem, a genesis day one singlespeed CX bike 58cm.

And 2 track frames both 58cm square iirc- one custom dutch made, one an old bob jackson.

Also have a 2015 giant propel advanced 2 I'll need to sell at some point, but I wont be bringing that unless theres interest.

Might be interested in the hongfu fm015 but probably be too big

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Spread the word among the cycling community, will be interesting stuff and maybe a display of bikes from Beasty ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Alanbt

As I'm a bit slow and don't want to turn up on wrong day, it's on Saturday 22nd October at 2-4pm?
    Balrothery Inn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Alanbt wrote: »
    As I'm a bit slow and don't want to turn up on wrong day, it's on Saturday 22nd October at 2-4pm?
    Balrothery Inn
    Yep. Thats it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

koutoubia wrote: »
    Yep. Thats it.

Might be a good idea to put it in the title/OP?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thread title updated

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Beasty wrote: »
    Thread title updated

Merci Beaucoup

Will we have a Beasty stall there ???

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

RobFowl wrote: »
    Merci Beaucoup

Will we have a Beasty stall there ???
    Need to do a stocktake. May take me some time.....

Hope to be there though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Who is the MC going to be?

• Advertisement

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Who is the MC going to be?
    Congratulations!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Congratulations!!!

Are you going to be the beautiful assistant?

Indeed I am!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

am i seriously going to have to drive into a pub car park, approach a bunch of blokes i've never met before who are selling contraband out of the backs of their cars and say 'hi, i'm magicbastarder' to them?

You could wear a 'I am Magicbastarder' name tag!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

You could wear a 'I am Magicbastarder' name tag!

too late, I have one made for myself already

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

always the groupies.

always the groupies.

I know the feeling. Trying to keep my appearance as low profile as I can....

Congratulations!!!

All over it...

^anyone know why the youtube tag works on the old site bu when I switch back to the touch site it doesn't?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    ^anyone know why the youtube tag works on the old site bu when I switch back to the touch site it doesn't?
    You've a forward slash at the start of your video id (/VwfUPNZGDlY), that might be what's causing confusion on the touch site.

Anyone who is an XLG/XXL is particularly welcome to this event.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Anyone who is an XLG/XXL is particularly welcome to this event.....

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

A few peeps suggesting selling whole bikes so it might be worth sellers accepting PayPal or the like for electronic payments. Might be worth a quick "Accepts PayPal" or "cash only" wee scribble on sign.

Hungrycol wrote: »
    A few peeps suggesting selling whole bikes so it might be worth sellers accepting PayPal or the like for electronic payments. Might be worth a quick "Accepts PayPal" or "cash only" wee scribble on sign.
    Yeah. That can be park out on the day.

So far looks like about 8 sellers selling everything from RobFowls rear entry Tri Suit to Beasty's KoM's to full bikes.

to Beasty's KoM's
    Please remember to bring a memory stick if you want one (or more) of them. I've already had some PM enquiries, but pricing will be determined by interest on the day....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭furiousox

I'll be there as a seller.
    Still rummaging but so far I'll have the following for sale...
    A new pair of mavic aksiums, saddles, some loose tyres, cassettes, stems, carbon seatpost, shimano 5700 105 compact crank, bar tape, summer mitts, spd shoes, bell helmet, various ss team jerseys.
    I also have about a dozen replica watches (iwc, omega, rolex, mont blanc etc) and a signed framed photo of Lance Armstrong which I will have concealed on my person.
    The secret code word to peruse these quality items is "See you next TUE'sday"

CPL 593H

Please remember to bring a memory stick if you want one (or more) of them. I've already had some PM enquiries, but pricing will be determined by interest on the day....

They d realise that Beasty's KOM stands for Beasty's Kingdom of Mountains and not some silly online yoke? It will be some usb that takes that!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

... selling everything from RobFowls rear entry ....
    :eek:

• Advertisement

...... everything has a price in certain parts of Balrothery

Advertisement