Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling Car Boot Sale. Balrothery Inn, Saturday 22nd October - 2-4pm

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

maybe we should see how many full bikes can be assembled from all the parts brought along.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

I should have the following under my arm. A kids raleight hotrod. A winter hack Some cheap mavic wheels requiring a freehub. Couple of saddles. Pair is SPd shoes. Garmin 500.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

anyone any idea how much a 1980s peugeot BMX would be worth? perfect nick. belongs to a friend, who's not quite sure what to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Just to add to the list of stuff that will be for sale there,

Brand new 10 speed Tiagra 4700 shifters and derailleurs, not sure if brakes are Tiagra or Tektro. Brand new FSA gossamer crankset (need to double check standard or compact and crank length). Pretty sure I still have the 10 speed chain too.

Brand new 80mm Cannondale stem, 27.2mm seat post and 42cm handlebars and cannondale saddle.

Brand new 10 speed wheelset, brand new 10 speed cassette on them too, comes with schwalbe durano tyres and tubes.

And probably 1//2 brand new Lidl/Aldi winter jackets, still have tags on them.

All this is brand new and zero miles on them. Straight off a brand new bike. Bike wasn't even cycled up the road.

1/2 bottle cages and a small aldi/lidl pocket pump too.

Could be interested in swapping the 42 bars for a similar set of 40 bars if anyone was looking to swap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

joey100 wrote: »

And probably 1//2 brand new Lidl/Aldi winter jackets, still have tags on them.

1/2 bottle cages and a small aldi/lidl pocket pump too.

More sure too many people will be in the market for half a winter jacket or half a bottle cage.

:P

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Right, probably going a bit against the grain here, but I've just been going through the lair, and rather than try an list what I've got will ask the question, what do you want?

:pac:

Pedal spanner?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Hungrycol wrote: »
    Pedal spanner?
    Not even started looking at tools, but yes probably have one or two spares...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Beasty wrote: »

I may need one too. Pedal still attached to:
    Idleater wrote: »
    Replaced the chainring on the hacker commuter single speed bike.
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/k9pkqWi.jpg?3[/ img][/img]
    Probably about time. :o

On a completely unrelated note to the above, I have a barely used 39 chainring that I might offer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I've been offered a lift to this my the girlfriend. That means I'd have a car to bring to potentially bring stuff and take god knows how much home. Not sure if I shall as I intended on cycling out to it.

Anyone going to be selling some decent lights possibly, or stuff to make my steel bike more touring friendly. It's slowly evolving into a touring bike but needs much work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Any chance of an updated thread.... Time to start /finish...is there a cost to display? Goods to bring / prices to be displayed or not etc..etc..
    Ready to share with club then to get best value for all involved.
    Many Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

moonshadow wrote: »
    Any chance of an updated thread.... Time to start /finish...is there a cost to display? Goods to bring / prices to be displayed or not etc..etc..
    Ready to share with club then to get best value for all involved.
    Many Thx

You need to read the thread. All the answers to your questions are in it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

2-4pm
    No cost but voluntary donation to a charity (yet to be decided)
    Any cycling related gear is allowed
    Prices displayed at owners discretion
    Can list here before if you like so people have an idea what available

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    You need to read the thread. All the answers to your questions are in it.

Apologies...are you A1? 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

moonshadow wrote: »
    Apologies...are you A1? 😜

No. Why?

No worries, neither am I , live in hope...
    Have read the thread and am now also contributing to taking the main idea away by silly comments.
    See you on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭usheeeen

Right, probably going a bit against the grain here, but I've just been going through the lair, and rather than try an list what I've got will ask the question, what do you want?

:pac:

Any track chainrings or cogs going? :D

usheeeen wrote: »
    Any track chainrings or cogs going? :D
    Wasn't going to bring any, but if there's some interest....

I've just been reminded of my sons Birthday party is from 2 to 4 on Saturday :o. I'll have to pass on the spaner, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭alexinkildare

Ive got lidl clothing that ill let go for a snip if anyone is interested. Few other bits too I think

• Advertisement

Hungrycol wrote: »
    I've just been reminded of my sons Birthday party is from 2 to 4 on Saturday :o. I'll have to pass on the spaner, sorry.
    bring them along! make it a unique birthday party.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

I will have cycling jerseys for sale as well as
    Bbb chain rings 53/39
    Spd pedals
    Possibly some unopened bits of kit
    Maybe some books
    My wife
    Handlebars
    A dedacci 12cm stem
    And whatever else i come accross over the next day or 2

Any pics Rob? Only one item I may be interested depending on condition.....

Any pics Rob? Only one item I may be interested depending on condition.....

No but here's one of me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

RobFowl wrote: »
    No but here's one of me ;)

That jersey reminds me of Eddie the Eagle

Reminds me of Robbie Rotten:pac:

DFE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

That jersey gives me the shivers

Run it up a flagpole - that should be visible for many a mile and will help draw in the masses....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I will have the following for sale:

Gaerne shoes with almost new Look cleats size 46.
    Look Keo Easy pedals.
    Look Keo carbon blades. 12nm
    3T Arx stem 100mm 6 degree + -
    Blackburn carbon mini pump
    Alloy seatpost 27.0mm
    Tioga stem 100mm
    Endura neoprene overshoes, silver, size L.
    2 saddles.
    2 Planet X carbon bottle cages.
    1 band on Ultegra front mech. 31.8mm
    Vintage seatpost 26.4mm
    Various 9 speed cassettes.
    Sram compact chainset GXP, 175mm, 50-34, with bottom bracket English thread.
    Planet X lightweight cnc brake callipers (anodised red)
    A pair of Novatec hubs(red 10 speed Shimano) still on f***ed rims.

E.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I will also have:

Assos Thermal Training top, blue/black size XXL
    A pair of FDX bib tights XXL unworn.
    A New Balance Cannondale/Garmin Pro Cycling Team hoodie, XL, Green, unworn.
    Assorted jerseys: Tour of Meath, Great Dublin Bike Ride etc.
    Altura Night Vision Jacket, XXL, red.
    Bib tights and long sleeve jersey XXL

E.

Advertisement