Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling Car Boot Sale. Balrothery Inn, Saturday 22nd October - 2-4pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Rambling Man

moonshadow wrote: »
    Apologies...are you A1? ��

The only one who was ever A1 in a car park on the Northside was Sharon!

42738._UY200_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Beasty wrote: »
    Any pics Rob? Only one item I may be interested depending on condition.....
    Doing a trade in?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Doing a trade in?
    Depends on what's available.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Beasty wrote: »
    Depends on what's available.....

One previous owner. Very high mileage...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I will also have:

Assos Thermal Training top, blue/black size XXL
    A pair of FDX bib tights XXL unworn.
    A New Balance Cannondale/Garmin Pro Cycling Team hoodie, XL, Green, unworn.
    Assorted jerseys: Tour of Meath, Great Dublin Bike Ride etc.
    Altura Night Vision Jacket, XXL, red.
    Bib tights and long sleeve jersey XXL

E.

Would be interested in the hoodie and over shoes. Will look out for them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

godtabh wrote: »
    Would be interested in the hoodie and over shoes. Will look out for them

You won't miss the hoodie, its very green

• Registered Users Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭furiousox

furiousox wrote: »
    I'll be there as a seller.
    Still rummaging but so far I'll have the following for sale...
    A new pair of mavic aksiums, saddles, some loose tyres, cassettes, stems, carbon seatpost, shimano 5700 105 compact crank, bar tape, summer mitts, spd shoes, bell helmet, various ss team jerseys.
    I also have about a dozen replica watches (iwc, omega, rolex, mont blanc etc) and a signed framed photo of Lance Armstrong which I will have concealed on my person.
    The secret code word to peruse these quality items is "See you next TUE'sday"

Also found some tools, threaded CO2 canisters, 2 altura jackets and a PDM jacket.
    The rummaging continues.....

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

The rummaging continues.....

Spent an hour in the shed and now have a crate of used bits n pieces:
    * SRAM red cassette(s)
    * SRAM Force cassette(s)
    * SRAM Force chainset
    * Assorted chainrings
    * Assorted brakes (Rival, Force and Ciamillo Zero Gravity)
    * Assorted old shifters
    * The fork off my single speed
    * Frame bar for transporting bike on a boot rack

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

@idleeater, could be well interested in the Red Casettes and Force Chainset, though will probably hold out for an SRAM red chainset should anyone haveone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Still rummaging but so far I'll have the following for sale...
    A new pair of mavic aksiums
    hmm. as per the '€1.5k bike thread', i've been thinking about getting a new bike. was looking at the genesis equilibrium, but the wheels on it don't look great. i could start with just buying the frame and building up from there - i suspect the aksiums are better than the stock wheels on the genesis...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

hmm. as per the '€1.5k bike thread', i've been thinking about getting a new bike. was looking at the genesis equilibrium, but the wheels on it don't look great. i could start with just buying the frame and building up from there - i suspect the aksiums are better than the stock wheels on the genesis...

I may have full carbon clinchers there ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

ah jaysus they'd ruin the retro lines of a steel frame.

A colleague has an equilibrium and has aksiums on them and has nothing but good words to say about them. He does a fairly long commute too

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Weepsie wrote: »
    A colleague has an equilibrium and has aksiums on them and has nothing but good words to say about them. He does a fairly long commute too
    On the other hand, I have nothing positive to say about them. The most bothersome wheels I've ever owned.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

I rode them on my cross bike for a few seasons and have a set on my winter bike.
    A bit heavy but otherwise bombproof

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

+ 1 on Aksiums.

The stock wheels on the Genesis Equiliribium tend to be Alex rims with 32H 105 hubs. Not the lightest and the hubs don't do very well in wet conditions. Alright though.

Going for an Equilibrium I'd build it up from the frame unless you get a good price from one of the UK outlets, in which case 6 months with the stock wheels is grand.

OleRodrigo wrote: »
    The stock wheels on the Genesis Equiliribium tend to be Alex rims with 32H 105 hubs. Not the lightest and the hubs don't do very well in wet conditions. Alright though.
    seems to have been the case with previous models; this is the setup on the 2017 one (equilibrium 20, the one with 105 groupset):

Rims Jalco DRX20 / 28h
    Hubs Joytech A171CC/F192RCC-11S 28h / front / rear

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I'll have an old boards autumn long sleeve jersey and a selle italia x1 saddle. Will have another look tonight for bits

Will be looking for a donation to the SSF or the chosen charity here.

Koutobia and i had a chat about which charity/
    SSF maybe a little early and we may yet have another before christmas if this goes well.

We would like donations to go to Pieta house.

I would suggest that anyone selling make a donation of their choice directly to http://www.pieta.ie/donate

if selling a large amount of stuff maybe pick out a few items where the price will go directly to them as well.

I will contact them to see if I can collect donations on the day as well.

Don't feel under pressure and if you cannot afford to make a donation don't feel you have to but if you can then please do :)

RobFowl wrote: »
    Koutobia and i had a chat about which charity/
    SSF maybe a little early and we may yet have another before christmas if this goes well.

We would like donations to go to Pieta house.

I would suggest that anyone selling make a donation of their choice directly to http://www.pieta.ie/donate

if selling a large amount of stuff maybe pick out a few items where the price will go directly to them as well.

I will contact them to see if I can collect donations on the day as well.

Don't feel under pressure and if you cannot afford to make a donation don't feel you have to but if you can then please do :)

If you are going to do collections you need a licence as far as I know (and it doesnt start with A)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Finnrocco

Have a few jerseys that are unused

About 5 handlebars

Lots of clothes (Aldi some of them but never used)

Various parts.

Will some people go home with ,more than they brought?

I am under strict instructions from the Directeur Sportif not to do so!

If you are going to do collections you need a licence as far as I know (and it doesnt start with A)

Seems you need a permit and not a licence

http://www.ictr.ie/files/Garda%20Permits%20Good%20Practice_web.pdf

Some sample info

how do they define a collection though? i would have guessed that a collection is when you stand in the street asking strangers for money, and this is qualitatively different i'd have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Seems you need a permit and not a licence

http://www.ictr.ie/files/Garda%20Permits%20Good%20Practice_web.pdf

Some sample info

You don't need a collection permit. You can have an optional entry charge with the proceeds from same going to the nominated charity, so its not a collection. Its like any of the car boot sales which take place all over the country each week.

I have contacted Pieta house and am awaiting their reply.
    Doesn't affect payments direct to them via the link above (which I might add as my sig) though :)

Roll on Sat and hope to see lots of ye there

PS I'm the good looking athletic one :) Koutobia the white haired giant of a man ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

PS I'm the good looking athletic one :) Koutobia the white haired giant of a man ;)

Wait....Hold on...There is so much wrong yet so much right in that statement I don't know how to respond!

Ive a few chainsets, an ultegra 6600 groupset and a turbo and wheels I could bring if I'm driven but if I'm on the bike it will be limited to the small items.

If anyone wants delta pedals and cleats, you can have them for a donation to the charity. Zero use to me

koutoubia wrote: »
    Wait....Hold on...There is so much wrong yet so much right in that statement I don't know how to respond!

You are right, fixed it .....
    PS I'm the tall dark handsome and good looking athletic one smile.png Koutobia the white haired giant of a man from Cabra wink.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

AH Its all wrong now.

• Advertisement

an ultegra 6600 groupset
    how old is that?
    i'll probably end up eyeing up a load of stuff without buying much, as i still haven't decided whether to buy a bike or a frame to use as a foundation.
    i suspect the above groupset is not the gearing i'd be looking for.

Advertisement