Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathcoole or kill?

Options
  • 24-09-2016 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭

Hey lads,

Wer a couple in our thirties looking to buy on the cork/limerick side of Dublin. We've been looking at kill and naas but have ruled out naas because of traffic and commuting issues.

We only considered rathcoole recently and took a drive up there, looks a nice little village with a bit more in it than kill. We think kill is great and would probably be happy enough there but were looking for people's opinions on rathcoole and if they thought it is a better option amenity and convenience wise??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

tastyt wrote: »
    Hey lads,

Wer a couple in our thirties looking to buy on the cork/limerick side of Dublin. We've been looking at kill and naas but have ruled out naas because of traffic and commuting issues.

We only considered rathcoole recently and took a drive up there, looks a nice little village with a bit more in it than kill. We think kill is great and would probably be happy enough there but were looking for people's opinions on rathcoole and if they thought it is a better option amenity and convenience wise??

We looked at houses around the area two weeks ago. Currently we're renting in Celbridge Rathcool has the motorway and the park is lovely but the village is pretty quiet except for the traffic. There are a lot of new estates being built but for the price they are relatively small homes with not much space.

Although I am a little biased here as I have 2large dogs so everywhere is a little small.

I would consider Newcastle if your trying Rathcoole also.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Athgoe Hill direction is another option- though its a little more rural. Properties do pop up there periodically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Do you depend on public transport for commuting into town, or driving?
    How essential is being close to the N7?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,384 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Op it is unclear what your motivation is. What exactly are you looking for, where do you work? Kids? etc etc
    Both towns are fine if a bit 'local' for my liking.

Advertisement