Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wtd Road bike and bib short recommendations

Options
  • 24-09-2016 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi guys ,Im thinking of buying my first bib shorts and road bike shoes.( I bought look easy pedals on here recently).
    I'm 172cm and @ 82 kg and probably will have to try on/buy in LBS.
    Any recommendations on makes I should be thinking of ?.
    PS currently my long spin is 35k and will be happy to reach 50-60K.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I would go with any if the DHB range on wiggle, just use the size chart to get the correct fit but I'd say your a medium.

Shoes are slightly different. I currently have 4 different pairs of Diadora shoes (3 x road, 1 x MTB) as they fit me very very well and are excellent quality but you may have to try some on in shops to get your proper size.

For reference. I wear 44 in Diadora and Shimano. In normal every day shoes I wear 44 in Nike, 44 in Puma, 44.6 in Adidas and 44 in New Balance running shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭FMG

Great I had a look at the DHB stuff and the prices seem ok also the reviews on the range are very positive. I'll chat with them re padding and size.
    I'll also go and try on some shoes for size in the local shops.
    Thanks for the help Cee-jay-Cee.

Advertisement