Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the options for household waste collection in Dublin city centre ?

Options
  • 24-09-2016 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a house in Dublin city, probably near the city center. I'm seeing a lot of houses which have no rear access and on some streets you see wheelie-bins all over the place, some streets you see them in front gardens and on some streets you see none at all. So I'm wondering what are the options ?
    (i) Is a homeowner required to be signed up with some waste-disposal company ?
    (ii) Do you have to have wheelie bins or is it possible to use bags instead since space is scarce?
    (iii) If using bins do you have to have 3 different ones (green, brown, black )?
    (iv) how many sizes do the wheelie-bins come in (I've only noticed two, 'large' and 'skinny')
    (v) how often are bins collected or does this depend on the provider ?

Thanks,

Usjes.

Comments

Advertisement