Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which of these tablets is best?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I'd say the alba purely for the bigger storage and the newer version of Android

If it was me though I'd be looking for something with a minimum of 2GB memory though.. 1GB is too low these days in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

The first one is slightly better but they're both pretty poor. With 1 gig of ram it will be slow. A case of you get what you pay for I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 1 danomah

Gosh that's not a huge amount of RAM is it? Unfortunately, as previous posters have alluded to, that will be pretty slow. Never heard of the first maker. Although I do have a Lenovo laptop and very happy with the hardware. Subsidiary of IBM I do believe...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭SteM

danomah wrote: »
    Gosh that's not a huge amount of RAM is it? Unfortunately, as previous posters have alluded to, that will be pretty slow. Never heard of the first maker. Although I do have a Lenovo laptop and very happy with the hardware. Subsidiary of IBM I do believe...

No, they bought IBM's PC business years ago though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

I had both those tablets almost. (Lenovo tab1) before Christmas last year.
    Both were on offer a week apart last November.

When I opened the alba my first impression was a cheap Chinese. The alba stutter a little during use.

The lenovo looked better and ran way smoother

Lenovo still in daily use including alot of games. Alba went to a new home the day after I got the lenovo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Sorry both tablets I got were 8" apart from screen size same spec etc. Both were 70 also.

Advertisement