Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Health Service Executive Says You Must Drink Fluoridated Tapwater

Options
  • 24-09-2016 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

According to the fluoridesandhealth Ireland website, the Health Service Executive says that you must consume fluoride with your tap water because "Ireland is amongst the worst countries in Europe for high frequency consumption of sweets and confectionery by children and adolescents, therefore the use of fluoridated toothpastes alone is insufficient to prevent tooth decay."

I don't know your opinion on this, but this is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
    Fluoride is linked to so many health problems. We don't need to be told by daddy government what we have to consume. Fluoride is more harmful than cannabis, which, stupidly, is illegal because it helps people. Fluoridating the water is done in total disregard for the public. Fluoride is poison. Not to mention I get a massive headache that will not go away if I drink too much of it. There's a petition to stop the fluoridation, I wish more people would sign it. Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

It'd be more in their line to fix this :
    FourAM wrote: »
    ......Ireland is amongst the worst countries in Europe for high frequency consumption of sweets and confectionery by children and adolescents........

but that might require actual effort from the HSE

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Thoughts?

Where is the politics?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

According to the fluoridesandhealth Ireland website, the Health Service Executive says that you must consume fluoride with your tap water because "Ireland is amongst the worst countries in Europe for high frequency consumption of sweets and confectionery by children and adolescents, therefore the use of fluoridated toothpastes alone is insufficient to prevent tooth decay."

I don't know your opinion on this, but this is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
    Fluoride is linked to so many health problems. We don't need to be told by daddy government what we have to consume. Fluoride is more harmful than cannabis, which, stupidly, is illegal because it helps people. Fluoridating the water is done in total disregard for the public. Fluoride is poison. Not to mention I get a massive headache that will not go away if I drink too much of it. There's a petition to stop the fluoridation, I wish more people would sign it. Thoughts?

Thoughts? Fluoridated water is not more harmful than cannabis. In fact it's not harmful at all in the dilute form it's limited to. Your headache is more likely to be caused by subscribing to conspiracy theories than the water you drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

Not to mention I get a massive headache that will not go away if I drink too much of it.

Hyponatremia.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭kirving

Not to mention I get a massive headache that will not go away if I drink too much of it.

Drinking too much water, a condition known as Hyponatremia.
    Hyponatremia signs and symptoms may include:

Nausea and vomiting
    Headache
    Confusion
    Loss of energy and fatigue
    Restlessness and irritability
    Muscle weakness, spasms or cramps
    Seizures
    Coma

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hyponatremia/basics/symptoms/con-20031445

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,493 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Fluoride is linked to so many health problems. ?

except it's not, no more than the link between vaccines and autism is real.
    Fluoride is poison.
    everything is is large enough quantities... even water

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I don't see a political angle to this so I am closing the thread. OP, I can move this somewhere else if you'd like. Conspiracy theories might suit it...

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement