Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2013 VW Passat VRT with DSG

Options
  • 24-09-2016 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭

Howdy all,

I am in the market for a new wagon and after some test drives, I am quite set on a 2013/14 VW Passat Highline or Sport with the 140hp TDI engine.

A car trade contact and family friend in the UK suggested I go through the auctions and get a good deal off some ex-fleet vehicles.

I was doing some VRT calculations to see what my budget would be on specific models of Passat to allow me to do any car cleaning and perhaps any slight bodywork scrape repairs and I was a bit shocked at the difference in some of the prices.

2013 Highline, 140 TDI, 126k miles, DSG
    4945 euro

2013 Highline, 140 TDI, 126k miles, manual
    2777 euro

2013 Executive, 140 TDI, 97k miles, manual
    3286 euro

2013 Sport, 177 TDI, 126k miles, manual

3676 euro

I was really struck by the DSG price compared to the same model with a manual.

Do appeals for the VRT generally work or what is the story there?
    Also, how much is that website quoted price likely to change once the real thing happens?

All the best,
    bbk
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

If it's anything like my 2013 Skoda Yeti the DSG pushes it into a higher CO2 bracket, therefore the higher VRT. I don't think appealing is an option as the issues is not with th OMSP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

DSG was in the higher tax bracket if I remember correctly so that would give higher VRT as the emissions were slightly higher. Remember the estate was a good bit dearer than the saloon first day..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭GTE

Ahh feck, thanks guys.

Sure enough, adjusting the CO2 on the VRT calc site to what the manual has (135 down to 120), and the price drops to 3115ish.

=(

Thanks guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭GTE

Popping down to 2012 models has reduced the VRT a reasonable chunk, from what I can see.

Focusing on a 2013 B7 Passat was not based off much to be honest. A well maintained 2012 could be as good as a well maintained 2013, I'd say.

Advertisement