Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A remaster to far ?.

Options
  • 24-09-2016 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭

I was just looking on amazon to see what game prices are and to see is there a good deal to be had on the xmess games.

So i found this ?.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LYGKEQY/ref=pd_sim_63_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=E370A149GZ9FG5CZG6SB

Lego Harry Potter remastered for the PS4 ?. Really has anyone asked for this game to be remastered ?.

Really what is going to be new for it ?. As to me who has played a few lego games on the PSP, VITA, 360, ONE, PS3 they all look the same and play the same.

So will anyone be going crazy for this ?. :pac:

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

That's less about who wanted a remaster and who's got kids they can sell this to. Those Lego games are great, formulaic sure, but they're good fun and very silly and kid friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Harry potter lego was savage. I wouldnt play it again.

/Checks if these are on the backward compatible list for Xbox One

They aren't yet but from what I saw this is only coming to PS4 so they must be allowing the Xbox 360 ones to be BC which is surprising, the cynic in me was fully expecting an xbox version.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Ill take a read dead redemption and dead space remasters please Universe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Really what is going to be new for it ?

Well it has the 2 separate games stuck together......and....erm..... :confused:

Mainly Its probably just thrown out to capitalize on the Fantastic Beasts film, and Travellers Tales are too busy with Lego Dimensions to make a game for it (just the Dimensions level pack).

As for a Xbone version, probably unlikely for a while, WB seem to have a deal going with Sony, hence the exclusive Supergirl minifig for Dimensions coming with a PS4 bundle that's out soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

nix wrote: »

My kingdom for a new Deadspace game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Personally I would prefer a Red Dead sequel. Shame it seems the masses would prefer a remaster of Redemption, a game that was released on all major platforms last gen.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

New Dead Space?
    As long as they get back to the horror of the original, with its brilliant use of light and sound.
    The two sequels became increasingly action orientated, and less interesting.
    The Wii game, DS Extraction was pretty great, also on the DS2 edition for the PS3.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

They took the Visceral team off doing another Dead Space to make Battlefield Hardline...

Now I can understanding not wanting to burn a team out creatively by making them churn out the same thing again (and the luke warm reception 3 got shows they were pretty much at that stage already), but to send them off into a really awful attempt at capturing some of the Counter Strike heat can't have been fun for anyone involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Personally I would prefer a Red Dead sequel. Shame it seems the masses would prefer a remaster of Redemption, a game that was released on all major platforms last gen.

Wasn't on pc though, never played it so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

eyerer wrote: »
    Wasn't on pc though, never played it so

It's up there with GTA:SA and V as one of the better games Rockstar have made.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

nix wrote: »

I'd rather Dead Space 2/3 remasters with the cancer cut out and the horror put back in :p

I'm scared they'd try to ruin the original if you gave them the chance :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Solitaire wrote: »
    I'd rather Dead Space 2/3 remasters with the cancer cut out and the horror put back in :p

I'm scared they'd try to ruin the original if you gave them the chance :(

Play the Dead Space 3 DLC Awakened - a teaser of what DS3 could have been if there had been some horror in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

This isn't really new - the same people 'remastered' the two Lego Star Wars PS2 games and put them out on PS3 in a collection that sold massively well.

They'll keep remastering games as long as we keep buying them.

Advertisement