Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live music tonight....

Options
  • 24-09-2016 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Anywhere in the city with live music tonight?? Covers, rock, MOR etc....

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

After Darik in Matt's are brilliant. I think they start at 10 or so. There's trad on before that, no idea what's that like. Matt's is about the only place to go to on a Monday night, open late.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Comerman

He posted that on Saturday night Captain, saw it too late to past any suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭anon71

Comerman wrote: »
    He posted that on Saturday night Captain, saw it too late to past any suggestions.

We ended up in The Dylan, no live music but we were too lazy to look anywhere else...

anon71 wrote: »
    We ended up in The Dylan, no live music but we were too lazy to look anywhere else...
    You probably would of heard the music from "Matts" from there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭anon71

Comerman wrote: »
    You probably would of heard the music from "Matts" from there :D

We were standing outside Matt the Millers a few years ago listening to the music for a minute and contemplating going in. The guy on the door told us it was a "younger crowd" that goes there and that we would find more pubs doing "our kind of music" on the other side of the bridge.

I did ask what "our kind of music" meant. Apparently people of our advanced age and vintage (late 30's/early 40's at the time) are only fans of "diddly aye" Irish music, which BTW I don't like at all.

We thanked him for his kindnes and left...

I've never even given the place a second look since then...

• Advertisement

Ryan's of Friary street next time so, plenty of good live bands on the weekends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭nuttz

There's trad on before that, no idea what's that like.
    Sorry, Matt the Millers don't have Trad. You might call it folk or something else but it's not Trad.

Advertisement