Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with home network

Options
  • 24-09-2016 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for help in setting up a network for my home. My house is 15 years old and have a phone point in the kitchen, inside front door and in 2 of the bedrooms. The house is a long bungalow with the bedrooms at one end the kitchen towards the other end and the living room past this again at the other end (no phone point).

We have a mifi from 3 and its poor, the nearest neighbour has a better signal using an aerial and better router. I would like to do something similar with a decent router maybe placed in the middle of the house and hard wire down to my sons bedroom as I just want to be able to connect to a console or sat box to view Internet tv I don't need wifi down in bedrooms. I want to be able to pick up wifi on the other end of the house in the kitchen and living room. I seen somewhere a gadget that will allow the signal travel through the power points would this be worth considering.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Comments

Advertisement