Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Credit Report Question

• 24-09-2016 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hello, I lived in America for over 10 years. When I left, I was under contract with a mobile phone and a Cable TV service...they wouldn't cancel my contracts so I just left them and came back. I figured it wouldn't bother me over here in Ireland. A friend of mine though told me this might not be true. Will these contracts from America appear on my Irish Credit report?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Ohoopee wrote: »
    Hello, I lived in America for over 10 years. When I left, I was under contract with a mobile phone and a Cable TV service...they wouldn't cancel my contracts so I just left them and came back. I figured it wouldn't bother me over here in Ireland. A friend of mine though told me this might not be true. Will these contracts from America appear on my Irish Credit report?

No, they won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Ohoopee

Thanks...that's a relief. Will any of my loans from America appear on my Irish Credit report? I just seems like I have NO credit at all here now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Ohoopee wrote: »
    Thanks...that's a relief. Will any of my loans from America appear on my Irish Credit report? I just seems like I have NO credit at all here now.

Nk, they won't either. Separate countries, completely different credit rating systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Ohoopee

Thanks, I guess in my situation it is both a good and a bad thing. I had flawless credit in America..accept for this phone and cable contracts of course....glad they won't follow me to Ireland but sad I don't get to keep the good credit rating. :(

Advertisement