Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Customer Service

Options
  • 24-09-2016 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Last night my parents booked return flights to the US plus connecting flights to Phoenix with Aer Lingus. At the end of the booking Aer Lingus inform you that they have to check flight details with their partner carriers and would confirm the booking within 24 hours. This morning they received an email from Aer Lingus informing them there was a problem and they were asked to call a phone number attached. When they contacted the number they were told the Dublin flight was cancelled and they would need to select a different flight. He asked to speak to a supervisor, was put on hold for a couple of minutes and then cut off. My father went onto the website and low and behold the original flight was still available but the price had increased since last night. My father phoned back Aer Lingus and spoke to a different girl. He mentioned the email he received this morning and was told the trouble was with the connecting flight in the states. He asked to speak to a supervisor and explained to the supervisor the 2 different excuses he had received. He told my father he would phone him back. He got back to him within a couple of minute and eventually he got his original flights at the cheaper price. This is the 4th time my parent have flown to the states with Aer Lingus and they always held Aer Lingus in the highest regard but not anymore.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

So they made an error and then corrected it.

And you have a problem with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,519 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

It does sound a bit dodge but I find the Cs phone lines good

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dlnv27

Walter2016 wrote: »
    So they made an error and then corrected it.

And you have a problem with that?

They didn't make an error. They tried to getting my parents to cancel their booking and then rebook the same flight at a higher price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

dlnv27 wrote: »
    They didn't make an error. They tried to getting my parents to cancel their booking and then rebook the same flight at a higher price.

As I said, they made an error. The supervisor rang back immediately and corrected it.

Whilst initial service was lacking, they corrected fully and immediately.

Excellent service imo once they accepted that there was an error.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Kings Inns or bust

Hardly excellent service, but hardly worth worrying too much about either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It sounds as if the the customer service agents were not clear on the reason for the email. But at least now it's sorted and everything is OK. For what it's worth, I've always found AL customer service to be excellent. I probably have close to 500 flights with AL under my belt at this stage and never an issue like the above.

Advertisement