Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Del Boy Dynasty league

• 24-09-2016 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭

HI all and welcome to the new and exciting thread for the new and upcoming Del Boy Dynasty League

The members of the league are as follows
    (Boards Username / Team Name):

Limpar North London Gunners

Brinty Team Gaynor

billr67 Steel City Celtic

gerryfed Team Fetherston

keithdelahunty Team F-Society

McG Dublin Squirrels

UnitedIrishman Ireland United

the baby bull elephant Team Mannion

Realt Dearg Sec Terenure Red Stars

We have one more member to set up a boards account for the trading and bantering in.

I look forward to our upcoming draft and the banter and trading between us all.

I will post up a charter in another post shortly (it'll be not plagarised at all ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Boards Dynasty League
    Rules

1.League Set-up & Playoffs
    (a) The league will be hosted on ESPN.com
    (b) The league is made up of 10 teams divided into 2 divisions.
    (c) Teams will play other teams on a head to head basis from week 1 to week 13.
    (d) The two division champions will be placed as #1 and #2 seeds for the purposes of the playoffs.
    (e) The next two best regular season teams will qualify for the playoffs as the #3 and #4 seeds.
    (f) The semi-finals will involve #1 v #4 and #2 v #3 and will be played over weeks 14 and 15.
    (g) The final will be contested between the two semi-final winners and will be held over weeks 16 and 17.
    (h) We will look to host some playoffs for the bottom six teams in the last few weeks of the season. This will be confirmed shortly.
    2. Rosters & Lineups
    (a) Teams are allowed a maximum of 32 players on their roster.
    (b) Players are required to start 15 players. These are 1QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 Offensive Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 Kicker, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB & 1 Defensive Flex.

3. Rookie Draft
    (a) Each year the rookie draft will be held at the end of July/start of August or at a date agreed by all players.
    (b) The draft will be conducted offline via the thread on Boards.ie dedicated to the Boards Dynasty League.
    (c) Every team will be required to nominate a maximum of 25 keepers in the league site prior to the draft taking place.
    (d) Each team will be allowed 24 hours to make their pick. As a courtesy to other teams each team will be asked to PM the next team to notify them that their pick is up. If a team has not made their pick within the 24 hours they will be awarded the highest ranked rookie available on the ESPN rankings.
    (e) The draft order will be decided by the final standings from the previous year. The league champion will have pick #10. The league runner up will have pick #9. The two losing semi-finalists will have picks #7 and #8 based on their final regular season records.
    (f) Picks #1 to #6 will be the reverse of the seeds for the consolidation ladder (which is in order of best record to worst record). The consolidation ladder results will not decide any draft order. This is to be confirmed during the season

4. Waivers
    (a) The league operates a Free Agent Auction system where teams put in blind bids for available free agents and the team with the highest bid will win that player. Any tied bids are decided in favour of the team with the worst record. Waivers will run every morning with the exception of tuesday.
    (b) Each team has a free agent auction budget of $100 for the season. Once that is gone teams will only be able to bid $0 for players.
    (c) Waivers will be closed from the time ESPN allow reactivation of the league until the conclusion of the rookie draft.
    (d) After the end of the season waivers will remain open until ESPN deactivates the league

5. Trades
    (a) Trading is allowed up to week 13. There is a one day trade review period before the trade comes official. 4 votes are required to veto the trade if it is deemed collusion.
    (b) Draft picks are tradeable. If the site does not allow picks to be included in the trade offer then just add a note to the trade indicating which picks are included and the commissioner will manually change the owners of the picks in the relevant draft. Brinty will maintain an off line trade chart which can be requested by any player at any stage.
    (c) All trades should be done in private mails and once concluded should be posted on the main thread. Members bringing trade offers and negotiations onto the main thread before concluding the deal will be frowned upon and may result in sanctions.
    (d) Trading is an essential part of the league. We would encourage all members to interact and trade with each other. We would encourage each member to conclude at least one deal during the season. We would not like to have a situation where a member does not interact with the other members of the league

6. Rule Changes
    (a) Any team can propose a rule change to the league. For the first season we will allow rule changes during the season as part of the bedding in of the dynasty league. There after rule changes can only take place during the offseason and will only be passed by a minimum of 6 votes. Votes will be done via poll on the league site and all members will be notified by email of the vote.

7. Inactive Players
    (a) All teams are required to submit valid lineups each week. If, for any reason, a team submits a lineup with inactive players or players with bye weeks, that team will be contacted and if they fail to respond their team will be placed in the hands of the commissioner and they will submit future lineups based on ESPN’s projected rankings. That player will be removed from the league at the end of the season.

If anyone has objections to these rules please contact myself or Limpar by private mail and we will try make amendments as required. We know that during the initial season things won't be perfect, we will make adjustments as needed and voted upon by you the members of the league.

We want this league to be the most enjoyable league that you take part in, so please keep the communication lines open and don't be araid to ask questions. We know we'll make mistakes but we hope that we can keep these to a minimum.

We wish every one the best for the new season and hope you have a great season

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Limpar

For the first season, we aim to start in Week 5 which begins on Thursday 6th October with the Cardinals playing the 49ers.
    This means that each team in the league will get to play each other once in weeks 5 - 13 and set us up for the playoffs.

I've set up the doodle poll below to determine the best time to hold our initial draft:
    http://doodle.com/poll/8p45arsff7faqaak

This will be an online draft via ESPN. With 32-man rosters and 320 players to be drafted in total, this could obviously take a serious amount of time.
    To speed things along, the max time allowed per pick will be set to 30 seconds so that we can try to get it complete around the 2-hour mark.

With such a short time to make your picks, I'd suggest putting a bit of time into the 2 Draft Prep options found under the "My Team" heading on the ESPN site:
    - "Edit Pre-Draft Player Rankings" lets you pull together your rankings and customise them as much as you like, rather than sticking with the default ESPN rankings.

- "Edit Autopick Strategy" is your friend if you either can't make the draft or might have to duck out early.
    You can choose to select the top-ranked player at a particular position or simply select the best player available. Considering the large roster-size we're using, it also helpfully allows you to set Min and Max numbers of players to draft at each position.

Make sure to get your selections in early for the draft times.....Brinty is eager to begin trade negotiations as soon as it's complete :D

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭billr67

Cheers lads great work setting this up. I'll need to work on my negotiating skills to keep up with the amount of trading that I anticipate will go on!

Draft poll will close at midnight tonight.
    7/10 votes are in, so we're doing pretty well!

The draft has been scheduled for 9pm this Sunday, 2nd October.

Time to start filling out the auto-pick strategy details, in case you miss some/all of the draft!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

balls. I'm going to be in London for the Colts game.
    Let me know if there's anyone else who was interested in taking this spot, I was already a little unsure if I wanted to do this (I think I should have tried keeper league before committing to a dynasty) and know I'm going to be much less interested in an autodrafted team so it might be better for me to get out now before we start.

Hey guys,
    Just a reminder that the draft starts at 9pm tomorrow night - looking forward to a pretty intense couple of hours drafting!

I'll post the rosters up here shortly afterwards so we can laugh at those who end up auto-drafting 5 kickers :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

I will probably miss the start of the draft but have set by lists and limits so hopefully it goes ok.

Never even played in and IDP so this should be an experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,901 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

How long do ye figure it'll be? It'll be at 3pm where I am, but I have to head away at 5.15. Do we think we'll be nearly finishing up around then?

How long do ye figure it'll be? It'll be at 3pm where I am, but I have to head away at 5.15. Do we think we'll be nearly finishing up around then?

About a two hour window mate
    30 seconds per pick
    240 picks hopefully by 5 your time
    Set your late rounds to auto draft

• Advertisement

brinty wrote: »
    About a two hour window mate
    30 seconds per pick
    240 picks hopefully by 5 your time
    Set your late rounds to auto draft

Thanks, yeah that should be OK, normally I wouldn't be too bothered, but a bad first draft could take you years to fix in this thing!

Thanks, yeah that should be OK, normally I wouldn't be too bothered, but a bad first draft could take you years to fix in this thing!

True but I love a trade so should be able to help ye out 😋ðŸ‘👊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

I've only ever done 8, 10 and 16 team leagues, all standard scoring bar one PPR league... so bare with me tonight lads haha! I've been too busy (lazy... definitely lazy) to do much research so I'll probably just wing it :)

gerryfed wrote:
    I've only ever done 8, 10 and 16 team leagues, all standard scoring bar one PPR league... so bare with me tonight lads haha! I've been too busy (lazy... definitely lazy) to do much research so I'll probably just wing it

Do as best you can mate
    There's no set formula for how you should or shouldn't draft and it makes trading so much fun post draft.
    You've years of draft picks ahead to trade and free agency to help with a bad draft.

Do as best you can mate
    There's no set formula for how you should or shouldn't draft and it makes trading so much fun post draft.
    You've years of draft picks ahead to trade and free agency to help with a bad draft.

Cheers man! I'm a very active user anyways and love trading so i'll survive ;)

Does ESPN have a draft rankings for all players in one? Just to give me a rough guide of when defensive players should go roughly...

There's a few up there
    Do a quick Google Search onn it
    But ESPN should have it in their draft sections

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭keithdelahunty

Biggest decision I have to make today.....Open the second bottle of wine or Not ahead of draft later this evening?

gerryfed wrote: »
    Cheers man! I'm a very active user anyways and love trading so i'll survive ;)

Does ESPN have a draft rankings for all players in one? Just to give me a rough guide of when defensive players should go roughly...

I'm not seeing overall ranking table that includes defensive players anywhere. Plenty of lists of defensive players but having never done this before and knowing nothing about it, I was really hoping for some guidance on relative value of drafting defensive players as well. Can't find one, which is kind of weird.

Biggest decision I have to make today.....Open the second bottle of wine or Not ahead of draft later this evening?

Do
    I'm having a nice big scotch after steak dinner

I'm not seeing overall ranking table that includes defensive players anywhere. Plenty of lists of defensive players but having never done this before and knowing nothing about it, I was really hoping for some guidance on relative value of drafting defensive players as well. Can't find one, which is kind of weird.

They're out their lads
    Google it

• Advertisement

They're out their lads
    Google it

Google it? If only I'd thought of that before! And here I am looking through the card reference catalogue at the county library! :)

Google it? If only I'd thought of that before! And here I am looking through the card reference catalogue at the county library!

Try CBS sports
    I'm saying no more
    I got one with idp included ðŸ‘

Try CBS sports
    I'm saying no more
    I got one with idp included ðŸ‘

I was only joking, I'm sure something will show up!

The Draft order is out!

1) Team Mannion
    2) Team F-Society
    3) Balreask Cowboys
    4) Terenure Red Stars
    5) Team Fetherston
    6) Steel City Celtic
    7) North London Gunners
    8) Team Stevens
    9) Dublin Squirrels
    10) Ireland United

Limpar wrote:
    1) Team Mannion 2) Team F-Society 3) Balreask Cowboys 4) Terenure Red Stars 5) Team Fetherston 6) Steel City Celtic 7) North London Gunners 8) Team Stevens 9) Dublin Squirrels 10) Ireland United

3 ugh weird spot

Anyone else having trouble getting the stupid draft to open? Mine opens to a screen with a loading bar that never loads. **** this anyway.

Then a screen telling me the site is experiencing difficulties. Lovely.

Ah **** this anyway, even when I finally got into the draft using the HTML version the picks I'm making aren't going through, it's autopicking even with auto pick toggled off. It's making a ****ing balls of it tbh.

EDIT: it did it again. I give up.

Well, that was fast! Finally got the draft client to work some way properly but the defensive picks were really confusing. None of them were ranked anyway high, but more importantly they seemed to be listed according to different positions than what we're supposed to be filling on the roster (think someone mentioned this in the live chat). As a result despite 32 rounds I'm not sure if I actually have a legitimate roster put together!

Anyway, my own fault...best of luck lads, something tells me I'm not going to be very good at this.

Ah **** this anyway, even when I finally got into the draft using the HTML version the picks I'm making aren't going through, it's autopicking even with auto pick toggled off. It's making a ****ing balls of it tbh.

EDIT: it did it again. I give up.

Sorry to hear that, didn't notice any issues my end.

We managed to get 320 picks done in just over 1 hour....unreal pace!

• Advertisement

Well gents, that was a new experience haha. If anyone has a time at some stage and wants to take a gander at my team, any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Never done IDP or Dynasty so it was challenging :) Would love to know if I did ****... or very ****. Looking forward to it all now!

Advertisement