Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Del Boy Dynasty league

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

Sorry I haven't logged into the league in literally months. I'll get it done this evening.

Gent :)

And we're all one step closer to getting to see our shinny new toys!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,901 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I made spaces available, I wont be taking Carlos Henderson, he's not as good as what I have.

I made spaces available, I wont be taking Carlos Henderson, he's not as good as what I have.

Don't forget Julius Thomas mate!

gerryfed wrote: »
    Don't forget Julius Thomas mate!
    I didn't.

I didn't.

Sorry man, didn't get a notification for some reason!

Limpar, Are we all good so except for United Irishman then?

• Advertisement

Sorry man, didn't get a notification for some reason!

Limpar, Are we all good so except for United Irishman then?
    No worries, for a second I thought I'd done something wrong, but I think there's a delay between me accepting the trade and it going through.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Limpar

Ok guys, I've entered the draft results into the ESPN site.
    ESPN seems to force you to enter the entire 32-man roster for each team, so please make sure to double-check your teams!
    At one point, I had the wrong Gronkowski brother on someone's roster, so it's pretty easy to make mistakes.

For the moment, I dropped UI's 5 lowest ranked players to make room for his draft picks.
    Obviously, I can switch those players around for UI at any stage prior to Free Agency.

Limpar wrote: »
    Ok guys, I've entered the draft results into the ESPN site.
    ESPN seems to force you to enter the entire 32-man roster for each team, so please make sure to double-check your teams!
    At one point, I had the wrong Gronkowski brother on someone's roster, so it's pretty easy to make mistakes.

For the moment, I dropped UI's 5 lowest ranked players to make room for his draft picks.
    Obviously, I can switch those players around for UI at any stage prior to Free Agency.

My team looks good, cheers man!

Now, back to trading....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Lads, what is happening with Brinty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Sorry lads I hadn't logged into Boards in a while.

Will try be on here a bit more in future!

• Advertisement

Sorry lads I hadn't logged into Boards in a while.

Will try be on here a bit more in future!

Welcome back!

You had a hell of a good draft my friend haha :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Welcome back!

You had a hell of a good draft my friend haha :)

I've just seen that. To be honest I was probably better off not drafting because I really didn't know much about this years draft class. Cheers for autodrafting whilst I was away - when I saw the email about the roster I was thinking 'oh ****, I'm going to be the only one without players!'.

Is free agency open now or is there a time period set?

I've just seen that. To be honest I was probably better off not drafting because I really didn't know much about this years draft class. Cheers for autodrafting whilst I was away - when I saw the email about the roster I was thinking 'oh ****, I'm going to be the only one without players!'.

Is free agency open now or is there a time period set?

Yeah Limpars 'Best Player Available' resolution worked out very well for you! Free agency is closed for now. Think the plan is to open it in a couple weeks, builds up some anticipation and helps eat away some of the off season time I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Limpar

The Trading Block details seem to have reset following the draft guys.
    Let me know if you're interested in a trade, always open to offers for players or future draft picks!!

Limpar wrote: »
    The Trading Block details seem to have reset following the draft guys.
    Let me know if you're interested in a trade, always open to offers for players or future draft picks!!

Is there any update on when waivers is opening Limpar?

Is there any update on when waivers is opening Limpar?

Would also be good to get an update on brinty and his status e.g. is he permanently banned from boards? what for? what does the ban mean for his participation in the league?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Stev88

Tristram wrote: »
    Would also be good to get an update on brinty and his status e.g. is he permanently banned from boards? what for? what does the ban mean for his participation in the league?

Dibs on Andrew Luck

So Brinty's boards ban (say that 5 times fast) is up on July 1st so he'll be back then. One rumour was it was for P.E.D's, another was that he's been suspended for sending out bad trades!! I can neither confirm nor deny either of the above!
    Stev88 wrote: »
    Dibs on Andrew Luck

He said f*ck off and make him an offer! I'm sure he'd take Cam plus your first unborn child!

In other news... don't forget to update your Trading Block's gents, otherwise I'm going to make offers for every player physically possible (yes, like usual).

So Brinty's boards ban (say that 5 times fast) is up on July 1st so he'll be back then. One rumour was it was for P.E.D's, another was that he's been suspended for sending out bad trades!! I can neither confirm nor deny either of the above!

He said f*ck off and make him an offer! I'm sure he'd take Cam plus your first unborn child!

In other news... don't forget to update your Trading Block's gents, otherwise I'm going to make offers for every player physically possible (yes, like usual).

In brintys absence the power has gone to your head

Stev88 wrote: »
    In brintys absence the power has gone to your head

Haha no power.... just a worrying, compulsive trading disorder :) You should have seen me as a kid with my Premier League stickers!

• Advertisement

Lads, I've received three frankly ridiculous trade offers in-game in the past 24 hours. Maybe they don't seem ridiculous to you, but the least you could do is explain the proposals somewhat. If you're interested in a trade please send me a message on boards.

Lads, I've received three frankly ridiculous trade offers in-game in the past 24 hours. Maybe they don't seem ridiculous to you, but the least you could do is explain the proposals somewhat. If you're interested in a trade please send me a message on boards.

I'm responsible for one of these 'ridiculous' trade offers...

At the end of the day, you hit reject and move on with your life. No need to turn it into a semi-dramatic post(which I realise is what I'm doing now, irony eh?). People in this league, yourself included, have made statements to me which I personally found ridiculous (and vice versa), but it's Fantasy Football. There's no right or wrong valuation in theory. Very rare somebodies gonna make a perfect offer 1st time out.

It's all a bit of craic after all, and the thing that makes this league better then most is the trading and generally activity.

I'm responsible for one of these 'ridiculous' trade offers...

At the end of the day, you hit reject and move on with your life. No need to turn it into a semi-dramatic post(which I realise is what I'm doing now, irony eh?). People in this league, yourself included, have made statements to me which I personally found ridiculous (and vice versa), but it's Fantasy Football. There's no right or wrong valuation in theory. Very rare somebodies gonna make a perfect offer 1st time out.

It's all a bit of craic after all, and the thing that makes this league better then most is the trading and generally activity.

When it's the same offer(s) that we have already discussed ad nauseum it becomes somewhat tedious. You're right though, easy to hit reject.

How about we both save ourselves some time and just work under the assumption that our teams are not going to trade.

When it's the same offer(s) that we have already discussed ad nauseum it becomes somewhat tedious. You're right though, easy to hit reject.

How about we both save ourselves some time and just work under the assumption that our teams are not going to trade.

Hmmm... fairly sure it was a different trade offer, but fair enough :rolleyes: just trying to pass some time!

Hmmm... fairly sure it was a different trade offer, but fair enough :rolleyes: just trying to pass some time!

To be fair, it was a different offer. Just somehow managed to be even worse than the last one. You have a rare talent when it comes to these trade proposals, a rare talent! :D

To be fair, it was a different offer. Just somehow managed to be even worse than the last one. You have a rare talent when it comes to these trade proposals, a rare talent! :D

And you have an ability to value a WR who has never broke 1k yards in his 3 years in the league higher then a guy who has averaged over 1K a season in his first 4 years in the league...

We're each special in our own ways my friend :)

Jaysus, just saw you said that one of the offers was from brinty. Must look at it again. We can normally find a way to work something out. Come back quickly brinty!

Can't we all just get along?

sad-puppy-im-sorry-for-what-i-said-when-i-was-hungry.jpg

Well said Realt! Let's move on :)

• Advertisement

I second that Tristam, back In Your box gerry :P

Advertisement