Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Del Boy Dynasty league

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

Stev88 wrote: »
    I second that Tristam, back In Your box gerry :P

Well he said 3 ridiculous trade offers, so almost a 3rd of the league can split the rent on said box. You know what daft.ie is like!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Limpar

Tristram wrote: »
    Lads, I've received three frankly ridiculous trade offers in-game in the past 24 hours. Maybe they don't seem ridiculous to you, but the least you could do is explain the proposals somewhat. If you're interested in a trade please send me a message on boards.

I'd say I'm responsible for one of those ridiculous offers!
    I think my second offer was a bit more reasonable though.

All good fun though. I normally would chat through PMs on Boards but just threw out a few ESPN offers last night to spark conversation :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

I'm woeful at remembering what boardsies match with which team in-game. It's entirely possible, nay likely, that I simply lay blame for all rubbish offers at gerryfed's door.

:D

I'm woeful at remembering what boardsies match with which team in-game. It's entirely possible, nay likely, that I simply lay blame for all rubbish offers at gerryfed's door.

:D

I'm perfectly happy to take the blame if it means other people aren't going to be shamed/discouraged for making their trade offers ;)

Whoever made the Kirksey proposal has no shame... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Stev88

Trade alert

Clowneys college receive
    Tyrann Mathieu

Vancouver Grizzlies receive
    Eric Berry

Trade alert

Clowneys college receive
    Tyrann Mathieu

Vancouver Grizzlies receive
    Eric Berry

Haha people probably got excited seeing trade and then just went 'That it?' :)

Trade Alert

Vancouver Grizzlies receive:

Joe Mixon
    Cooper Kupp

DaVegas Crew receives:

Marshawn Lynch
    Marv Jones
    Jabril Peppers
    2018 1st
    Conditional 2018 3rd (If Kupp has 1,000+ yards receiving in upcoming season)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Well hello all fellow players how have ye been getting on? Thanks for the support whilst I was in exile..

So draft is concluded and everyone is trading which is good to see

Just a few small housekeeping points
    1) we'll drop round six of the draft next year as no one used a pick here. Any objections let me know
    2) trades and complaints- so I've noticed a lot of banter about trades and unfair and lopsided offers. As a rule guys there's plenty of trade calculators online use some of these before you make a trade offer. If it's lopsided it's not going to be accepted so don't make the offer
    3) Espn trade platform and trades offers by me - I made several offers to guys. Could I just ask if people could see notes 📝 on the offer. In some cases I offered picks or said I was open to discuss further. Could you see them? I would suggest all trades are offered through email or private message then pushed to Espn on acceptance
    4) feedback - how did everyone enjoy the draft and off season? Were you happy with it, did anything annoy you, would you like any changes etc. We have a bit of time too make changes to the league rules or charter so I'm all ears.
    5) drinks 🍹 so I was chatting to a few guys through mail and suggested a group meet up for a few drinks over a game, probably in the woodshed in Dublin as it's an NFL pub. Is there any interest in this and when would suit you all. limpar is getting married in September (best of luck mate) I'm going to Texas in late October and we've a few American based players. So if there's interest PM me and I'll try to organise something

Anything else reach out and let me know.

And brinty is open for trading 😀

Dibs on Andrew Luck

Make me an offer and I might accept...
    Whoever made the Kirksey proposal has no shame... :D

Sorry mate, I put some narrative in to try and discuss the trade but mightn't have shown up. Pm if you wanna talk trades as we've generally similar values on trades

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Doogs27

Welcome back brinty,

(1) yeah sixth round I my opinion there's not much of a difference between a lot of the guys available so it's hard to weigh them up on the fly. So to give a bit of time for study until the FA opens is prob a good idea.
    (2) on the trades that have comments attached. The espn app I use doesn't seem to offer the chance to reply to the comment. Not sure if this is the same for everyone. But sometimes I might be at work and not have the time to go into boards for a pm. So decline and by the time I'm home I forget to go back and discuss.
    (3) trade calculators. All for them, it's good as Well because as myself and Gerry were getting diff results from diff calcs. So it brings in another bit of dialogue and doesn't take the opinions out of the trades.
    (4) would be up for meeting up at some stage. Think towards the fantasy playoffs or week before them could be a good idea.
    (5) the draft was class. There was a hectic 24hours at the start which was whirlwind.

Looking forward to the season big time.

Welcome back Brinty! You were sorely missed!

I'm all for scrapping round 6... heck I'd be all for scrapping round 5 too!

Most trades start out with what you'd 'hope' to get a certain player for... then the other guy tells you what he 'hopes' to get... then ideally you meet in the middle! If not, we move on folks :)

Definitely up for drinks too at some stage!

In regards to rule changes, main one I'd be hoping to see happen would be scrapping week 17. Tough on someone in the playoff final to have his playoff bound stud benched in week 17 (see Zeke last year)

Other than that, everything's looking good! I wouldn't mind acquiring some future draft picks if anyone wants any of my players! Drop us a PM ðŸ‘

I haven't been seeing the narrative sections with in-game offers, I'm not sure where it shows up. I would say that from experience 99% of in-game offers see me reject them, as opposed to a pretty good rate when agreed through DM here on boards.

Draft went well, don't know if anything needs to be changed.

Doogs27 wrote: »

(3) trade calculators. All for them, it's good as Well because as myself and Gerry were getting diff results from diff calcs. So it brings in another bit of dialogue and doesn't take the opinions out of the trades.

Just on this point, please make sure they are dynasty calculators and not redraft ones - completely different animals.

brinty wrote: »
    Well hello all fellow players how have ye been getting on? Thanks for the support whilst I was in exile..

So draft is concluded and everyone is trading which is good to see

Just a few small housekeeping points
    1) we'll drop round six of the draft next year as no one used a pick here. Any objections let me know
    2) trades and complaints- so I've noticed a lot of banter about trades and unfair and lopsided offers. As a rule guys there's plenty of trade calculators online use some of these before you make a trade offer. If it's lopsided it's not going to be accepted so don't make the offer
    3) Espn trade platform and trades offers by me - I made several offers to guys. Could I just ask if people could see notes 📠on the offer. In some cases I offered picks or said I was open to discuss further. Could you see them? I would suggest all trades are offered through email or private message then pushed to Espn on acceptance
    4) feedback - how did everyone enjoy the draft and off season? Were you happy with it, did anything annoy you, would you like any changes etc. We have a bit of time too make changes to the league rules or charter so I'm all ears.
    5) drinks 🹠so I was chatting to a few guys through mail and suggested a group meet up for a few drinks over a game, probably in the woodshed in Dublin as it's an NFL pub. Is there any interest in this and when would suit you all. limpar is getting married in September (best of luck mate) I'm going to Texas in late October and we've a few American based players. So if there's interest PM me and I'll try to organise something

Anything else reach out and let me know.

And brinty is open for trading 😀

We all seen the notes brinty, they were ****e 😂

Announcing trade with Stev88

Vancouver Grizzlies get:
    Bobby Wagner
    Devante Parker

Clowney College get:
    Lavonte David
    Michael Crabtree

any of you lunatics interested in taking on a trade heavy dynasty league same format as this one IDP etc.. but possibly on another format.

any of you lunatics interested in taking on a trade heavy dynasty league same format as this one IDP etc.. but possibly on another format.

Giving boards the middle finger and jumping ship???

Giving boards the middle finger and jumping ship???

NO going to have three dynasty leagues in my life, i'm not going to do any NFL ones this year

NO going to have three dynasty leagues in my life, i'm not going to do any NFL ones this year

Brinty right now....

drunk-baby-1-listen-here-buddy-ill-tell-you-when-ive-had-enough.jpg

• Advertisement

gerryfed wrote: »
    Brinty right now....

drunk-baby-1-listen-here-buddy-ill-tell-you-when-ive-had-enough.jpg

hur hur hur...

yea three dynasty leagues is enough for anyone man..

sure you'll be in two of them Gerry ;)

hur hur hur...

yea three dynasty leagues is enough for anyone man..

sure you'll be in two of them Gerry ;)

Ah sure i'll probably be in 3-4 dynastys and 3-4 redrafts come september haha. No judgement here amigo :)

Announcing trade with Stev88

Vancouver Grizzlies get:
    Morgan Burnett

Clowney College get:
    Jalen Ramsey

Don't forget to update your trading blocks gents. Otherwise, annoying people like me will send you trade offers for players you have no interest in trading :) it's a pretty helpful, underused option on ESPN. Even update it with what positions you are looking to buy/sell, always a good starting point for trade talks!

ruq60.jpg

Yawn...........

PS: that won't stop you making your offers

Announcing a trade with Limpar-

Vancouver Grizzlies receive:

Jordan Howard
    Allen Robinson
    Andy Dalton
    Laquon Treadwell
    Marqise Lee
    2018 2nd

North London Gunners receive:

Isiah Crowell
    Corey Coleman
    Devante Parker
    Dak Prescott
    Breshad Perriman
    Myles Garrett

On your bike gerryfed and lay off the crack pipe.

On your bike gerryfed and lay off the crack pipe.

Hmmm...

Baffles me why you can't just message me saying 'I'm not high on player X at all' or something along those lines.

What did a trade ever do to hurt you so badly? I'm sorry if me throwing out offers reminds you of a time when you were trade raped, and traumatic memories come flooding back...

I apologize for hurting you :rolleyes:

Baffles me how you haven't learned by now...

• Advertisement

Announcing a trade with Fightin' Irish

Balreask Cowboys acquires
    Mark Ingram
    Randall Cobb

Fighin' Irish acquires
    CJ Anderson
    Eric Decker

Advertisement