Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Del Boy Dynasty league

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,927 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Anyway on another note the divisions are taking shape and it looks like the East is a lot more competitive than the West. I'd only be fourth in the East as things currently stand, and would have been top if I'd set my line up properly last week... Guess that's the way it goes, but hard to look past North London Gunners winning it out at the moment (who I'm playing this week as well...)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Goddamnit. Ended in a tie. If I had put in the stupid safety I would have got the win.
    And if I'd put in Mariota I would have run away with it altogether. Goddamn.

Always seems to be the way it is, I know in another league I always seem to take out the wrong WR.

Anyway that leaves my record at a nice even 2-2-2, somewhat unexpected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Agh realt
    Bleeping obj wha...
    Yep Limpar has gone done good deals and looks strong,but anyone can still get in there.
    I've moved from 1-3 to 3-3 in past couple of weeks,hopefully the upward trend continues..
    Anyone up for a bit of trading???
    Tristram and gerryfed got a good quick deal done so here's hoping for a few more this week.

Hope you're all enjoying this league,we're always open to suggestions, tips and improvements. Don't be afraid to say it ;)

I know I've been saying I'll make trade offers for weeks but keep getting sidetracked, but it does take a good chunk of time to figure out and balance your needs in idp which I'm still getting used to. I'll get on it though

I know I've been saying I'll make trade offers for weeks but keep getting sidetracked, but it does take a good chunk of time to figure out and balance your needs in idp which I'm still getting used to. I'll get on it though

No worries Realt oul buddy
    Are you enjoying the Idp element?
    Personally thinks its great craic,as you've to know more about defensive guys.

Yeah idp is great craic, far better than the regular game, adds a whole bunch of new dimensions to every aspect of it. Keeper league is also much more interesting as well. Glad I've gotten into it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

brinty wrote: »
    No worries Realt oul buddy
    Are you enjoying the Idp element?
    Personally thinks its great craic,as you've to know more about defensive guys.

I personally haven't got to grip with the IDP portion at all. You can have top top CB's who get frick all points because QBs refuse to throw their way etc. Hopefully by next season I'll have a reasonable idea :)

gerryfed wrote: »
    I personally haven't got to grip with the IDP portion at all. You can have top top CB's who get frick all points because QBs refuse to throw their way etc. Hopefully by next season I'll have a reasonable idea :)

thats the thing, you've got look at guys who are dual threats. There's also points for passes defended.

So you'd tend to target CB's and safeties at later rounds of the draft and then rotate them in and out of your teams through waivers. You'll eventually hit on a stud or two.

Announcing a trade with realt dearg sec

Realt acquires
    Legarrette Blount
    Brandon Marshall
    Kam Chancellor
    Chandler Jones

Brinty acquires
    Devonta Freeman
    Demaryius Thomas

Hope it works well for both of us

Guys
    I think this is the last week for trades in dynasty/keeper league's. I'm checking with a GM in another league on it.
    So if you want to get any deals concluded it's got to be done by Thursday.
    I'm always open to offers so drop me a message or pm
    Happy trading..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭keithdelahunty

F-Society open to trade offers, please send through

F-Society open to trade offers, please send through

Nice trade with Vancouver mate
    Don't forget to update trades on th
    Read in case there's picks involved

Nice trade with Vancouver mate
    Don't forget to update trades on th
    Read in case there's picks involved

No picks... just a straight trade! Landry and Smith for Crowder and Jones. Think he came off better... but agreed for a couple reasons... had just grabbed Parker, don't particularly like Landry and not sure why I drafted him, and I'm a skins fan and loving crowder right now!

Hopefully it works out for all ðŸ‘

gerryfed wrote:
    No picks... just a straight trade! Landry and Smith for Crowder and Jones. Think he came off better... but agreed for a couple reasons... had just grabbed Parker, don't particularly like Landry and not sure why I drafted him, and I'm a skins fan and loving crowder right now!

I think I might have to kick you out being a skins fan...
    How bout them cowboys

But look if you're happy with the deal that's the main thing

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭keithdelahunty

Great negotiations, happy with trade. We must have gone back and forth 10 times.

Great negotiations, happy with trade. We must have gone back and forth 10 times.

?????
    New trade or previous
    10 back and forth I like it
    Sounds like me and Limpar but we've great craic with it
    Give and take on both sides and so long as everyone is happy thats the main thing

So, is the trade deadline passed? I just randomly clicked on the trade button and it allowed me to send one out.

Four teams tied at 5-3 looking for three playoff spots this week.

So, is the trade deadline passed? I just randomly clicked on the trade button and it allowed me to send one out.

Trading still allowed mate
    go ahead and propose me an offer ;)
    I'm always willing to deal ;)

• Advertisement

Four teams tied at 5-3 looking for three playoff spots this week.

Limpar streets ahead, i've scored heavily in last couple of weeks
    Play spots could be interesting

Trading still allowed mate
    go ahead and propose me an offer ;)
    I'm always willing to deal ;)

So no trade deadline at all? And trades go through straight away after they clear, not at season end?

So no trade deadline at all? And trades go through straight away after they clear, not at season end?

yep will clear for the weekend
    offer away

yep will clear for the weekend
    offer away

Interesting.... my other 5 leagues trade deadlines have passed so this makes me happy :)

Although you're not get Zeke Brinty, you need to accept it :P :P Which is your team name again?

Interesting.... my other 5 leagues trade deadlines have passed so this makes me happy :)

Although you're not get Zeke Brinty, you need to accept it :P :P Which is your team name again?

Can't blame me for trying!!!!
    Balreask Cowboys

God ****ing damnit, forgot I had dropped my kicker for a replacement, and never put him into the game. Idiocy.

• Advertisement

God ****ing damnit, forgot I had dropped my kicker for a replacement, and never put him into the game. Idiocy.

Add a Monday night kicker if there's one available?

Nah, Baltimore and New England, those kickers are locked up.

Feck that
    Four players out or suspended this week,no fit linebackers
    I'm screwed in playoffs

Just looked mate
    It's me v you
    I'm minus three players so your kicker being out isn't a massive disadvantage
    Projections have us tight as a drum right now

Forte questionable to return
    Just got even tighter realt

• Advertisement

Forte questionable to return
    Just got even tighter realt

Yeah it's starting to look like I might have gotten away with it. Neither of us would have the winning of any other game in the league tonight.

Much more interesting, the undefeated North London Gunners are losing in the other playoff and there's no way for them to make it up (given that Tom Brady hasn't played yet for the opposition). Looks like he forgot to set his lineup maybe. Either way, that's a big upset.

Yeah it's starting to look like I might have gotten away with it. Neither of us would have the winning of any other game in the league tonight.

Congrats mate
    Solid win for you,I think that's me in the 5-10 consolation bracket

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Limpar

Much more interesting, the undefeated North London Gunners are losing in the other playoff and there's no way for them to make it up (given that Tom Brady hasn't played yet for the opposition). Looks like he forgot to set his lineup maybe. Either way, that's a big upset.

Yeah, I had a rough week!
    Melvin Gordon was carted off in the first few minutes of the Charger's game, while Big Ben and Amari Cooper combined for 4 points total!!
    I also had the poor luck to run into Le'veon Bell on a record-setting week!

Limpar wrote: »
    Yeah, I had a rough week!
    Melvin Gordon was carted off in the first few minutes of the Charger's game, while Big Ben and Amari Cooper combined for 4 points total!!
    I also had the poor luck to run into Le'veon Bell on a record-setting week!

Was that the Le'veon Bell you traded to Steel City too???
    I'd a terrible week too but hopefully we'll all recover next week.

Hows everyone enjoying the league? Hopefully you're all having a great time. The 10 teams are a great number just enough quality across all the teams.

Was that the Le'veon Bell you traded to Steel City too???
    I'd a terrible week too but hopefully we'll all recover next week.

Hows everyone enjoying the league? Hopefully you're all having a great time. The 10 teams are a great number just enough quality across all the teams.

How does the playoff system work? My understanding from looking at it is that this weeks games are playoffs, with four teams in the playoff bracket. But that would mean next week is the final, which seems a little early. Am I missing something here?

How does the playoff system work? My understanding from looking at it is that this weeks games are playoffs, with four teams in the playoff bracket. But that would mean next week is the final, which seems a little early. Am I missing something here?

Playoffs and final are over two weeks as far as i know from the other league i'm in
    so we'll both need to pick up our stuff for next weekend.

Playoffs and final are over two weeks as far as i know from the other league i'm in
    so we'll both need to pick up our stuff for next weekend.

http://games.espn.com/ffl/h2hplayoffs?leagueId=2124179

Well according to this it's me and Steel City in the playoff final and you and North London Gunners in the consolation final. Which would make sense because if you played another couple of regular round games it would have been uneven because we started late in the season.

http://games.espn.com/ffl/h2hplayoffs?leagueId=2124179

Well according to this it's me and Steel City in the playoff final and you and North London Gunners in the consolation final. Which would make sense because if you played another couple of regular round games it would have been uneven because we started late in the season.

So it's you or bill for last pick in each round of the draft

We'll be finished two weeks early but will do a full season next year with two week playoffs

best of luck with in the final

It's me v NLG in two matches this weekend so ... interesting times ahead

[
    That is one way of looking at it...

That is one way of looking at it...

Only joking mate you've both done well and tbf you've both been active in the league in trades and discussions

Well done both and best wishes for the final

Looking forward to post season cuts the draft free agency and trading with everyone

• Advertisement

We'll be finished two weeks early but will do a full season next year with two week playoffs

best of luck with in the final

It's me v NLG in two matches this weekend so ... interesting times ahead

So this is the last week? And what way does next years draft order work?

Presume the lowest ranked team gets first pick and so on down? Do we keep our entire team from the previous year or do you have to give up a certain number of players to the draft again?

Presume the lowest ranked team gets first pick and so on down? Do we keep our entire team from the previous year or do you have to give up a certain number of players to the draft again?

Lowest ranked team goes first
    You'll need to gave five or six free spots for your draft class
    If you want to cut more players do so

Draft will be held after the actual NFL draft during the summer
    Free agency comes after the draft

This is nerve-wracking actually. Two points up, but with only two players on V his three (including his QB), and two quarters to play. Not optimistic of holding out tbh, need Stewart to carve it up basically.

Ugh. Went down 1.5 points in the 3rd and stayed stubbornly at that deficit the rest of the game. Congrats to the champion all the same, best of luck with the offseason lads.

So billr67 is our Superbowl champion 2016 after taking out the unbeaten north London gunners in the final four and the high scoring Tenure Red Stars to win it all

NLG take third spot after a huge week high score of 175 over the Balreask Cowboys.

Draft order is now locked for the class of 2017,so time to start planning and plotting your roster cuts and movements.

Open the trade lines with other GM's on potential trades for players and picks .

I'll update you all with the draft running order for 2017 later today.

Finally thanks for taking nosey,hope you all enjoy the season. We said we hoped this would be everyone's favourite league and we hope it's lived up to it for you. Any feedback is always welcome. Feel free to pm me as NLG is tied up with stuff at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Limpar

Congrats to billr67, our inaugural Superbowl winner!

The NLG will be back next year, bigger and bolder :D

Bigger? They got 175 points in their last game, I dunno if bigger is possible at this stage!

Bigger? They got 175 points in their last game, I dunno if bigger is possible at this stage!

Just wait til this guy drafts and gets guys in rounds 2 and three who become superstars
    He got Jordan Howard in our other league and Derrick Henry for next year. He'll pick up stars in the draft
    He's astute on his trading and free agency too

• Advertisement

So guys as promised here's a look at the final positions in reverse and the running order for the draft. I need to check and update the final draft order for any trades which went through during the season and if there's any further updates I'll provide a final draft running order in advance of the actual draft.

2017 Draft order
    Pick User Name Team Name
    1.01 Tristram Pillow Fighters
    1.02 henrystevens00 Clowney College
    1.03 keithdelahunty Team F-Society
    1.04 The baby bull elephant Team Mannion
    1.05 gerryfed Vancouver Grizzlies
    1.06 UnitedIrishman Fightin' Irish
    1.07 Brinty Balreask Cowboys
    1.08 Limpar North London Gunners
    1.09 Realt Dearg Sec Terenure Red Stars
    1.10 Billr67 Steel City Celtic

After discussions with Limpar we have made a decision that in 2017 we will have the playoffs over two weeks instead of one, so we'll have 13 regular season games and then 2 weeks for semis and two weeks for finals.

We're open to other idea's if you'd like to make some recommendations. Send them through PM to either one of us and we'll discuss and get back to you,.

Finally Happy Christmas to you all. Hope its a great time for all.

Advertisement