Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Del Boy Dynasty league

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,882 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Yeah my opponent this week has 32 points or thereabouts on the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

After benching his QB, playing inactive players and starting Geronimo Allison over Brandin Cooks haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

gerryfed wrote: »
    I get accused of 'collusion' because people don't like how someone else values their players, yet there's people out there not fielding full line-ups and clearly tanking intentionally haha...

League integrity and all that jazz.
    After benching his QB, playing inactive players and starting Geronimo Allison over Brandin Cooks haha

Thanks both for highlighting the issue. We are already looking into this and will resolve it. We would ask that no further reference is made to this until such time as we provide a resolution.

Please for future reference could you mail myself or Limpar directly. This is per charter, see below.

7. Inactive Players
    (a) All teams are required to submit valid lineups each week. If, for any reason, a team submits a lineup with inactive players or players with bye weeks, that team will be contacted and if they fail to respond their team will be placed in the hands of the commissioner and they will submit future lineups based on ESPN’s projected rankings. That player will be removed from the league at the end of the season.

If anyone has objections to these rules please contact myself or Limpar by private mail and we will try make amendments as required.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Doogs27

Yeah have to agree with the guys here. That would discourage someone whos in the bottom end of things from keeping it competitive for the rest of the league for a full season of match ups.

I can understand in the heavy bye weeks where you might not want anyone to pick up injured players that you might need to put on waiver I'm order to fill a spot. You take the hit. But if you have healthy position players on the bench you can't have blank spots

As for the Allison vs cooks thing..... I agree with gerry on the specific situation but that one is a grey area so I wouldn't necessarily bring that into a conversation. Ppl have to have the freedom judge/predict players the way they want.

Sorry posted before brinty above.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Very sorry folks! I was messing around drunkenly the other night and never fixed it by the sounds of things. I confess I havent been paying as much attention to this league as I was since that kerfuffle a few weeks back. All my other weekly line-ups have been set I think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Limpar

Sorry for the delay on this guys, totally on my side.
    After reviewing the line-up details and comparing it to other weeks, I feel that we need to enforce a penalty.
    For the Week 12 fixture between Pillow Fighters and Terenure Red Stars, a "normal" line-up for Pillow Fighters would have seen them earn a narrow victory.
    In this case, the victory will be retrospectively handed to Pillow Fighters.
    I'm struggling to see an option on the ESPN site to amend the score for a past fixture but if it's not reflected on the site, it will certainly be taken into account for the final standings.

With the crucial Week 13 fixtures already underway, it's time to take stock of the battle for the play-offs!

Already qualified for the knock-out stages are the 10:2 Vancouver Grizzlies (Gerryfed) and the 8:4 Steel City Celtic (Billr67).
    Congrats lads.

The battle for the last 2 spots comes down to 4 teams:

My own North London Gunners (7:5:0)
    Team Mannion - Baby Bull Elephant (6:5:1)
    Balreask Cowboys - Brinty (6:6:0)
    Clowney College - Stev88 (6:6:0)

Best of luck guys and enjoy the games :cool:

Limpar wrote: »
    After reviewing the line-up details and comparing it to other weeks, I feel that we need to enforce a penalty.
    For the Week 12 fixture between Pillow Fighters and Terenure Red Stars, a "normal" line-up for Pillow Fighters would have seen them earn a narrow victory.
    I'm struggling to see an option on the ESPN site to amend the score for a past fixture but if it's not reflected on the site, it will certainly be taken into account for the final standings.

Thanks, as I said it was a giant **** up on my part so apologies again!

Just to update everyone, I have amended the score for Tristram and added points to his final weekly total of 32 points. He has now won the week 12 fixture and has an amended record of 5-7. This is reflected on the ESPN standings.
    Tristram wrote: »
    Thanks, as I said it was a giant **** up on my part so apologies again!

Tristram cheers for manning up on this and accepting the punishment.

We hope this will bring a close to the matter for all involved.

Thanks for your patience and hopefully there'll be some banter tomorrow when the final scores and positions are settled and the playoff brackets are confirmed..

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Stev88

Are we in playoff week?

• Advertisement

Yes, the semi-finals finished last night.
    Wins for GerryFed's Vancouver Grizzlies and Billr67's Steel City Celtic see the guys face-off in the 2-leg play-off, beginning on Thursday night.
    They were the #1 and #2 ranked teams during the regular season, so it should be a good battle!

Lads, has De Angelo Williams signed with an NFL team at all this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Lads, has De Angelo Williams signed with an NFL team at all this season?

I believe he's been wrestling instead.

I believe he's been wrestling instead.

:D I must find some of that!

I bought the final was over two weeks, no? Seems odd to end in week 15

I guess it's congratulations to the champions, Steel City Celtic!

Yes, the semi-finals finished last night.
    Wins for GerryFed's Vancouver Grizzlies and Billr67's Steel City Celtic see the guys face-off in the 2-leg play-off, beginning on Thursday night.
    They were the #1 and #2 ranked teams during the regular season, so it should be a good battle!

Any update lads?

I guess it's congratulations to the champions, Steel City Celtic!

Congratulations to Billr67 and his Steel City Celtic team who have succesfully defended their 2016 Del Boy Dynasty League title. Can they make it 3 in a 2018
    Any update lads?
    Gerry having looked at the settings it looks like finals were over one week. I don't think we can edit the settings now to include another round of fixtures.

And with that we wrap up the 2017 season, thanks to everyone for taking part and we hope you all enjoyed it.

Draft order is now set with only one potential change due to a conditional draft pick for Cooper Kupp.

Trading is now officially reopened and deals can be made.

brinty wrote: »

Draft order is now set with only one potential change due to a conditional draft pick for Cooper Kupp.

Cmon Coop... Just another two little pushes.

Doogs27 wrote: »
    Cmon Coop... Just another two little pushes.

200 pushes.... ;)

• Advertisement

Congratulations to Billr67 and his Steel City Celtic team who have succesfully defended their 2016 Del Boy Dynasty League title. Can they make it 3 in a 2018

Gerry having looked at the settings it looks like finals were over one week. I don't think we can edit the settings now to include another round of fixtures.

And with that we wrap up the 2017 season, thanks to everyone for taking part and we hope you all enjoyed it.

Trading is now officially reopened and deals can be made.

Huh?? Jesus lads, you's literally posted less than a week ago to say its 2 weeks... and now it's one week? That seems a bit ridiculous. If I had of won the one week, would you have been able to switch it to a 2 week final then haha???

And even with that, the Fantasy season is over so surely the conditional draft pick is finished too... or are we going to include playoffs, pre season and backyard football in it too for the craic?

Huh?? Jesus lads, you's literally posted less than a week ago to say its 2 weeks... and now it's one week? That seems a bit ridiculous. If I had of won the one week, would you have been able to switch it to a 2 week final then haha???

And even with that, the Fantasy season is over so surely the conditional draft pick is finished too... or are we going to include playoffs, pre season and backyard football in it too for the craic?

Gerry, I believe you amongst others asked that week 17 wasn't included in the fantasy season during the summer and we agreed to that.

I'll need to check with Limpar on the settings and potentially moving the 2018 season to a week 12 regular season finish and then 2 week semi's and finals and season concludes after week 16.

Unfortunately no league is perfect and we do our best for everyone.

In answer to your question we wouldn't have been able to change the final for a second week if you'd won at the weekend.

The fantasy season is over but the conditional pick is based on the NFL season records. Kupp currently has 804 yards receiving. If he goes for another 196 over weeks 16 and 17 then yes the conditional pick is activated. It does not include the playoffs, pre season and backyard football in it too for the craic?

If you're so unhappy with how things are run I suggest you do one of two things
    1) take the reins and run the league yourself
    2) vacate your team seeing as you're pretty much argue with every decision made and have already threatened to do so or implored us to take your team over

I don't think there's been a problem with how myself and Limpar have run the league from any other member over the two years in this league. I'm commissioner in two other dynasty leagues as you know and have had no complaints in either of those so I'm pretty sure we're doing a pretty good job with this one too.

Gerry, I believe you amongst others asked that week 17 wasn't included in the fantasy season during the summer and we agreed to that.

I'll need to check with Limpar on the settings and potentially moving the 2018 season to a week 12 regular season finish and then 2 week semi's and finals and season concludes after week 16.

Unfortunately no league is perfect and we do our best for everyone.

In answer to your question we wouldn't have been able to change the final for a second week if you'd won at the weekend.

The fantasy season is over but the conditional pick is based on the NFL season records. Kupp currently has 804 yards receiving. If he goes for another 196 over weeks 16 and 17 then yes the conditional pick is activated. It does not include the playoffs, pre season and backyard football in it too for the craic?

If you're so unhappy with how things are run I suggest you do one of two things
    1) take the reins and run the league yourself
    2) vacate your team seeing as you're pretty much argue with every decision made and have already threatened to do so or implored us to take your team over

I don't think there's been a problem with how myself and Limpar have run the league from any other member over the two years in this league. I'm commissioner in two other dynasty leagues as you know and have had no complaints in either of those so I'm pretty sure we're doing a pretty good job with this one too.

I did say that about Week 17, correct. But now you're not including Week 16 either (which is included every fantasy league ever probably). Plus the commissioner literally just stated that the final would be 2 weeks? Majority of leagues are either:

- 13 weeks regular, plus 3 weeks of playoffs (Quarters, Semi's, Final)
    - 14 weeks regular plus 2 weeks of playoffs (Semi's, Final)

Limpar stated it was a 2 legged final just the other day? Some final confirmation on the set up would be great.

And in relation to your other options:

1) No thanks. This is your league, I'm just trying to compete fairly in it
    2) Valid point. There is clearly a clash of heads. However, 'every decision made' would be a slight exaggeration. Just two major ones regarding Collusion accusations and me losing the opportunity to win the championship... quite important ones if I do say so. It has clearly created some an air of animosity though so I will definitely consider this option as maybe it is for the best all round

I doubt you guys have accused many people of collusion and vetoed trades, hence why there would be no issues in this league or others?

Anyways... Congrats Bill. Super strong team and great final point tally, unfortunately my team didn't show up for the large part.

Lads...

Looking to start with a clean slate for the new season. No petty comments, no hot headed remarks, no loose accusations etc. I already agreed to chill on the trading offers and have stuck to that. Going back over the forum doesn't make for pleasant reading in recent months.

I had no issues with the league prior to the 'collusion' fiasco, and that definitely left a bitter taste in my mouth which left me pretty pissed... but looking to forget all that garbage and move on.

I would ask that maybe we could work on and agree what is a vetoable trade over the summer, and nail down a definitive league schedule with playoffs etc.

Other than that, I'm good to go for a healthy, fair, competitive 2018 season. Always open for trade offers/talks as always. Apologies to all for my part in any drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,882 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I think you had a valid issue with the final to be honest, I'm still not sure what happened there, was a bit strange. I'm all in for a blank slate all the same and getting back into it next year. Regarding trades I think there needs to be a balance, most players including me don't do nearly enough trading. I'm hoping that next season I'll be in a better position to participate actively every week. It only works when everyone is invested in it. Not pointing fingers here at all by the way, I'm the biggest culprit by far actually.

Doogs, your inbox is full buddy!

Doogs, your inbox is full buddy!

Cleared

Is there a final draft pick list now that the season is over and Kupp didn't go over 1K? Even just the first couple of rounds if it's not too much hassle! If not, no worries! Cheers

I think I'm the only one picking in the first round :D

• Advertisement

Tristram wrote:
    I think I'm the only one picking in the first round

Gwan the Tristram Browns....

Advertisement