Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Del Boy Dynasty league

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

brinty wrote: »
    Gwan the Tristram Browns....

Now you just got to trade them away for more picks ;) Call me the Rams my friend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Hi folks and as requested the running order for the 2018 draft is as follows

2018 Draft Round one
    1 Terenure Red Stars
    2 DaVegas Crew
    3 Pillow Fighters
    4 Fightin' Irish
    5 Team Mannion
    6 Pillow Fighters
    7 Balreask Cowboys
    8 Pillow Fighters
    9 DaVegas Crew
    10 Steel City Celtic

2018 Draft Round two
    1 Terenure Red Stars
    2 DaVegas Crew
    3 Pillow Fighters
    4 Fightin' Irish
    5 Team Mannion
    6 Clowney College
    7 DaVegas Crew
    8 Vancouver Grizzlies
    9 Vancouver Grizzlies
    10 Steel City Celtic

2018 Draft Round Three
    1 Terenure Red Stars
    2 DaVegas Crew
    3 Pillow Fighters
    4 Fightin' Irish
    5 Team Mannion
    6 Clowney College
    7 Balreask Cowboys
    8 Balreask Cowboys
    9 Vancouver Grizzlies
    10 Steel City Celtic

2018 Draft Round Four
    1 Terenure Red Stars
    2 DaVegas Crew
    3 Pillow Fighters
    4 Fightin' Irish
    5 Team Mannion
    6 Balreask Cowboys
    7 Clowney College
    8 Pillow Fighters
    9 Terenure Red Stars
    10 Steel City Celtic

2018 Draft Round Five
    1 Terenure Red Stars
    2 Clowney College
    3 Pillow Fighters
    4 Fightin' Irish
    5 Team Mannion
    6 Pillow Fighters
    7 Balreask Cowboys
    8 North London Gunners
    9 Clowney College
    10 Steel City Celtic

I have abandoned round six this year as we had no draft draft choices made and in a ten team league 5 rounds is enough for everyone to get some quality.

Your boards users and their team names are as follows
    Boards Name Team name
    Realt Dearg Sec Terenure Red Stars
    doogs27 DaVegas Crew
    Tristram Pillow Fighters
    UnitedIrishman Fightin' Irish
    The baby bull elephant Team Mannion
    Stev88 Clowney College
    Brinty Balreask Cowboys
    Limpar North London Gunners
    gerryfed Vancouver Grizzlies
    Billr67 Steel City Celtic

Sorry for the non communication recently and delay in responding on this. Haven't had the greatest start to 2018 and fantasy has been at the back of my thinking.

Hopefully a few trades might be in the offing with the updated draft running order available to you all. I'm hopeful we'll have all ten players returning for the 2018 season. If we have anyone dropping out I have a request already from a member in our Boards dynasty league to join and he'll be given first option on any available teams.

Gerry you may now begin your horse trading to get some picks, and Limpar might have a few deals to be done too as he only has a pick in round five as things stand.

PS i am open to correction if anyone thinks there's been an error. I'll never proclaim to be 100% reliable.

Much appreciated! Can only imagine the effort of tracking all those picks :O

Open to trading players/picks for different, new, shiny players/picks! Maybe everyone can update their trading block if they get a chance and are interested in dealing!

Cheers again!

@doogs27 - Mailbox is full again brother haha, you're a busy man :)

@doogs I tried reaching you too mate clear some pace ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Doogs27

Great news.... Folders are now empty!! The touch site is impossible for deleting messages.

Have at it.

Announcing a trade -

Vancouver Grizzlies receive:

Pick 1.02
    Pick 2.02
    Jarvis Landry
    Cam Jordan

DaVegas Crew receive:

Jordan Howard
    Jimmy Garrapolo
    Mo Sanu
    Zay Jones

gerryfed wrote: »
    Announcing a trade -

Pick 1.02
    Pick 2.02
    Jarvis Landry
    Cam Jordan

DaVegas Crew receive:

Jordan Howard
    Jimmy Garrapolo
    Mo Sanu
    Zay Jones

Well done focus, nice solid trade.. doogs I thought you might've taken my offer but alas we shall discuss future deals ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

Is there anyway I could join?

Mr_Man2121 wrote: »
    Is there anyway I could join?

You're the second on the list of we have any drop outs for next season.

• Advertisement

Ok folks, checking to see who's awake and involved in the league

We noticed there were a number off issues during the season so lets try and iron them out

1) League schedule
    There was confusion re the playoffs so I'd propose we do a 12 game regular season and two week playoffs (semi's and final). That means the meaningless week 17 fixtures shouldn't affect anyone

2) Veto trade limit.
    We're in a 10 team league so when we remove the trade partners that's 8 players. I would suggest at a minimum that we move the veto limit to 4 players from the existing 3 required. That's 50% of players. I would favour moving the limit to 5 and there can be no doubt if a trade is vetoed.

3) Move to decimal play
    The fact that players are missing out due to the 10 yards/25 yards rules on vital scores a couple of players have suggested a move to decimalisation (i.e. 0.1 point per yard rushing/receiving and 0.04 points throwing)

4) Free agents in the draft
    Has been suggested we consider allowing people to draft free agents as well as rookies. Now i'm not 100% sure how this would go down with people and how we would administer it so I'm open to hearing opinions. I think we would need to clear your rosters of players you don't want prior to the draft possibly in line with the number of draft picks you have in the year. This would spice up the draft as some interesting players could drop into the draft pool.

If people have any other suggestions lets hear them.

I would suggest we get ideas out on the table and then when we're closer to the season we can make a decision on what we'll change and what we'll disregard.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,882 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Would that involve everyone having to drop a compulsory number off the bottom of their roster before the draft? Because otherwise people would just take the number of picks they intend using and not drop any more, leading to a bit of conservatism. If you had to drop, say, four players, or whatever, that might be different. Not sure how it would be policed (what is the deadline for dropping players and how do you make sure nobody picks them up before the draft period begins or whatever?)

Also, I realise a couple of people have messaged me looking to trade the first pick, I've been ridiculously pressured with a job interview thing and various work issues so, like so often, havent given it my time as I would like to. I'll get back to ye on all that (and if I get the job I'll be in an awfully good mood when it comes to negotiating)

1) Yeah I'd be open to 14 weeks plus 1 week semi and 1 week final... or 12 weeks plus 2 week semi and 2 week final
    2) Veto trade limit should definitely be a majority. I'd probably let all 10 people vote and a minimum of 6 needed to veto a deal. I'm sure there's some guidelines online from other leagues and reliable websites
    3) Cool with the move to decimal
    4) I think it would be good to include all current free agents in draft. Then, once that draft is completed, people have to release X amount of players by X date before their newly draft players are added... then the newly released players will then be up for grabs in that first waiver wire auction of the pre season (like last year)

Me and Brinty had already discussed some of the above, but I'll try throw out some potential new ideas/changes as they come to me in here! And yeah, it'd be good to know early who is still participating next year etc

Happy with all points above. Looking forward to next season.

Anyone alive this off season and interested in talking trades or is everyone gone into hibernation? Free agency only around the corner... then the combine... followed by the real draft... then our rookie draft... pre season... bobs your uncle, September again :)

Trade alert -

Evan Engram

Clowney College receives:
    Jared Cook

Announcing a trade:

DaVegas Crew receives:
    Cam Newton (Qb)
    Javarious allen (rb)

Clowney college receives:
    Ben roethelisberger (qb)
    Mohammed Sanu (wr)
    Tarik Cohen (rb)

Hi all updated draft board below

Round one
    1 Terenure Red Stars
    2 Vancouver Grizzlies
    3 Pillow Fighters
    4 Fightin' Irish
    5 Team Mannion
    6 Pillow Fighters
    7 Balreask Cowboys
    8 Pillow Fighters
    9 DaVegas Crew
    10 Steel City Celtic

Round two
    1 Terenure Red Stars
    2 Vancouver Grizzlies
    3 Pillow Fighters
    4 Fightin' Irish
    5 Team Mannion
    6 Clowney College
    7 DaVegas Crew
    8 Vancouver Grizzlies
    9 Clowney College
    10 Steel City Celtic

Round Three
    1 Terenure Red Stars
    2 DaVegas Crew
    3 Pillow Fighters
    4 Fightin' Irish
    5 Team Mannion
    6 Clowney College
    7 Balreask Cowboys
    8 Balreask Cowboys
    9 Clowney College
    10 Steel City Celtic

Round Four
    1 Terenure Red Stars
    2 DaVegas Crew
    3 Pillow Fighters
    4 Fightin' Irish
    5 Team Mannion
    6 Balreask Cowboys
    7 Clowney College
    8 Pillow Fighters
    9 Terenure Red Stars
    10 Steel City Celtic

Round Five
    1 Terenure Red Stars
    2 Clowney College
    3 Pillow Fighters
    4 Fightin' Irish
    5 Team Mannion
    6 Pillow Fighters
    7 Balreask Cowboys
    8 North London Gunners
    9 Clowney College
    10 Steel City Celtic

Doesn't look like I can get away from those pesky Browns....

Jarvis Landry up for grabs potentially ;)

gerryfed wrote:
    Jarvis Landry up for grabs potentially

But he's hot Tyrod Taylor throwing the ball...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Stev88

Draft is getting nice and close now, almost time for Gerry to start spamming our inboxes again!

Stev88 wrote: »
    Draft is getting nice and close now, almost time for Gerry to start spamming our inboxes again!

Haha the hypocrisy of that today Stev :)

I'm open for business lads... anyone up for negotiations?! Free agency might get the juices flowing. Loving the ARob to Packers rumours today!

ESPN site back up and running... league just needs reactivating ;)

Looking to pick up extra picks if anyones interested in parting! Or just trades in general!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,882 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Hey folks I know I've had a rake of offers of trades for my no.1 pick over the last while and I haven't been replying because at any given time it always feels like it'll be later when I have a chance to sit down and think about the offer and weigh it up and all that. And in a sense it's been like that all year with any trade with the result that my team went from being in a final one year to dead last the following. And basically I'm not sure if my circumstances are going to change on that front with work in the near future. So with that said, and given I probably won't be the most active player in the league, it might be best if I stepped aside and let someone else step in before the draft takes place so they can start getting the team into shape and so on. I don't know, though, if there is anyone else looking to get into the league at the moment. If there is nobody to replace me I won't leave as I am happy to keep being involved and stuff, I just think someone else might be able to be fully active in it.

Morning all,

I have reactivated the league this morning so you should be able to see your rosters. I will put up the draft running order later today and we should be able to start some trading and draft strategies.

Draft will not be until July/August after OTA's for all teams so rosters should be close to the final 53 man limit for all 32 teams.

I'll reach out to Realt separately and see if he's continuing but i have a replacement GM lined up if Realt isn't able to play.

Announcing a trade with Brinty

Keenan Allen
    Leonard Fournette
    Khalil Mack
    Deshawn Watson
    19 1st
    19 2nd

Balreask Cowboys receive:
    OBJ
    Zeke Elliot
    Ziggy Ansah

This trade makes little sense to me, but hopefully it gives the league a kick in the arse :) Forza Del Boy!!

HI Folks,
    I have managed to get a new GM to replace Realt. I emailed Realt last week and no response so if by the end of today there's no update from him we'll transfer his team.
    Please all welcome along Mr_Man2121 who has been trying to get into a dynasty league for a while now.

Please all note that i have already provided Mr_Man2121 with information on his team and draft picks. I have already concluded a trade with him which he was happy to accept. I'll disclose this trade once ownership has transferred.

Welcome along to the league Mr_Man2121

HI Folks,
    I have managed to get a new GM to replace Realt. I emailed Realt last week and no response so if by the end of today there's no update from him we'll transfer his team.
    Please all welcome along Mr_Man2121 who has been trying to get into a dynasty league for a while now.

Please all note that i have already provided Mr_Man2121 with information on his team and draft picks. I have already concluded a trade with him which he was happy to accept. I'll disclose this trade once ownership has transferred.

This is more shady then LeSean McCoy! You can't be doing deals with a new owner, that nobody knows, for a team he doesn't even own yet.

When Doogs/Steve came on board, it was announced and every had their chance to propose deals to them etc.

HI Folks,

See bolded part above
    gerryfed wrote: »
    This is more shady then LeSean McCoy! You can't be doing deals with a new owner, that nobody knows, for a team he doesn't even own yet.

When Doogs/Steve came on board, it was announced and every had their chance to propose deals to them etc.

As i said to you privately and will say it to all members here I've no problem if its voted down and I'll accept the leagues decision

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

Hi lads, I also have no problem with it being voted down. Didn't think about the fact that it was shady at the time.

Advertisement