Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Del Boy Dynasty league

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

Limpar wrote: »
    It's 'UnitedIrishman' - sent him a pm to let him know he's on the clock.
    Not sure if he knew the draft was taking place this quickly though.

Yeah I didn't see anything from him so I reckon he might not have a breeze. Anyone know him outside boards.ie even?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Stev88

gerryfed wrote: »
    Yeah I didn't see anything from him so I reckon he might not have a breeze. Anyone know him outside boards.ie even?

Is it 24 hours for a pick to be made? What happened if a pick is not made?

Stev88 wrote: »
    Is it 24 hours for a pick to be made? What happened if a pick is not made?

" The draft will start on Friday and we will allow a 24 hour window for picks to be made. If their is consensus we can reduce this to 12 hours but I am aware we have some US based players and the 24 hours is fair to them. Failure to make your pick in the allotted time frame is the players responsibilty and they will be allotted the next available pick. Please don't end up with egg on your face like those Vikings who failed to turn in their first round pick in time for two years running. Trades during the draft are allowed as part of the normal course of league business "

Not sure what exactly that means... Do they then slip to 1.07 in this case and have another 24 hours to make a pick?

" The draft will start on Friday and we will allow a 24 hour window for picks to be made. If their is consensus we can reduce this to 12 hours but I am aware we have some US based players and the 24 hours is fair to them. Failure to make your pick in the allotted time frame is the players responsibilty and they will be allotted the next available pick. Please don't end up with egg on your face like those Vikings who failed to turn in their first round pick in time for two years running. Trades during the draft are allowed as part of the normal course of league business "

Not sure what exactly that means... Do they then slip to 1.07 in this case and have another 24 hours to make a pick?

Would only seem fair, dropping to end of the round would be harsh (nothing to do with me holding 1.07 btw)

Would only seem fair, dropping to end of the round would be harsh (nothing to do with me holding 1.07 btw)

Agreed.... but how many times do you let someone miss there 24 hour draft pick and side down one spot haha? Think it's just all a miscommunication, or lack thereof! Be a shame to have anyone miss a pick in general

Agreed.... but how many times do you let someone miss there 24 hour draft pick and side down one spot haha? Think it's just all a miscommunication, or lack thereof! Be a shame to have anyone miss a pick in general

I have no issue with an extension as I won't need 24 hours @ 1.07, just an idea.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Let me know if interested in the 2.01

5th pick was made at 12.23pm yesterday... any sign of UnitedIrishman?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Doogs27

5th pick was made at 12.23pm yesterday... any sign of UnitedIrishman?

Most definitely doesn't know as even if he was taking his time on the decision he would have updated us here. Anyway to get his email address off the espn league?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Hi everyone
    We apologise for the delay in resolving this issue. Limpar and I have reached out in any way possible to United Irishman that we could so we will make a ruling and announcement shortly on his pick.
    We have allowed the 24 hours to give him the chance to make a pick and will make a ruling on this as quickly as we can

brinty wrote: »
    Hi everyone
    We apologise for the delay in resolving this issue. Limpar and I have reached out in any way possible to United Irishman that we could so we will make a ruling and announcement shortly on his pick.
    We have allowed the 24 hours to give him the chance to make a pick and will make a ruling on this as quickly as we can

Cheers lads. Thanks for trying to get in touch with him. No worries at all. It took a bit of momentum out of a scorching first 12 hours of the draft but I'd say it'll ramp right back up once we get going again. But I think I speak for eveyone when I say we'd like a positive outcome on this that no one loses their draft pick or gets demoted. As steve said he won't need the 24 hours for his pick so I would be up for giving fighting irish the little extension thats needed.

Doogs27 wrote: »
    Cheers lads. Thanks for trying to get in touch with him. No worries at all. It took a bit of momentum out of a scorching first 12 hours of the draft but I'd say it'll ramp right back up once we get going again. But I think I speak for eveyone when I say we'd like a positive outcome on this that no one loses their draft pick or gets demoted. As steve said he won't need the 24 hours for his pick so I would be up for giving fighting irish the little extension thats needed.

I'd agree with the above. Think we all just got wrapped up in all the trading and draft starting that we didn't realize that he was on the missing list haha :) Hopefully he sees it soon and we get back to it! The guy is probably chilling on a beach somewhere without a care in the world haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Limpar

Doogs27 wrote: »

Thanks Doogs.
    We'll extend it until 3pm so. If no pick has been made at that stage, we'll select Best Player Available (with a source for it, not just randomly selected!), so there's not a huge penalty for missing your pick.
    Stuff can come up in a 24hr period which means you can't make a pick and we don't want that affecting people's experience of the league too much.

Thanks Doogs.
    We'll extend it until 3pm so. If no pick has been made at that stage, we'll select Best Player Available (with a source for it, not just randomly selected!), so there's not a huge penalty for missing your pick.
    Stuff can come up in a 24hr period which means you can't make a pick and we don't want that affecting people's experience of the league too much.

So myles Garrett then 😂

So myles Garrett then 😂

Ha! A once in a generation talent!

• Advertisement

So myles Garrett then 😂

Chad Kelly @ 1.06?!

Chad Kelly @ 1.06?!

Pick 2-3 players and have a vote or something?

Doogs27 wrote:
    Ha! A once in a generation talent!

So was laremy tunsil

Thanks Doogs.

Option B: I will trade my 1st round pick next year for his 1st round pick this year? This way he doesn't lose an asset, and doesn't get a player he doesn't want.

gerryfed wrote:
    Option B: I will trade my 1st round pick next year for his 1st round pick this year? This way he doesn't lose an asset, and doesn't get a player he doesn't want.

Now now gerry....

• Advertisement

Now now gerry....

Haha, Ah here

Now now gerry....

Just an idea... leaving the teams future in the current or future owners hands ;) He might not rate Cook/Howard/Ross etc haha

Stev88 wrote:
    Haha, Ah here

I have discussed with UI..

He's trading me all his picks this year plus Alex Ogletree and Dez Bryant for Leonard fournette ...

With the sixth pick in the draft the Balreask Cowboys select OJ Howard tight end Tampa Bay...

He's trading me all his picks this year plus Alex Ogletree and Dez Bryant for Leonard fournette ...

With the sixth pick in the draft the Balreask Cowboys select OJ Howard tight end Tampa Bay...

Sounds legit...

Sounds legit...

Hardly......

Hardly......

Where is the sarcasm font??.... Let me try that again...

Sounds Legit...

Where is the sarcasm font??.... Let me try that again...

Sounds Legit...

Haha

Came back from the gym there and read brintys post.....

Nearly collapsed.

Team 1 Gains:
    Dez Bryant
    2017 Pick 6
    2017 Pick 16
    2017 Pick 26
    2017 Pick 36
    2017 Pick 46
    Team 2 Gains:
    Leonard Fournette

This trade is Heavily in favor of Team 1

51% Fair

According to a trade calculator, and that doesn't include the 5th and 6th round picks, and the 4th highest scoring LB in the league last year....

You Give You Receive
    Player/Pick Pos Team Value PPR Player/Pick Pos Team Value
    Dez Bryant WR DAL 25.9 Leonard Fournette RB JAX 27.7
    1.06 NA NA 19.0
    2.04 NA NA 5.0
    3.02 NA NA 2.4

Total Value 52.3 Total Value 27.7

A different trade calculator that doesn't include the 4th, 5th, 6th or Ogeltree haha

• Advertisement

brinty wrote:

]He's trading me all his picks this year plus Alex Ogletree and Dez Bryant for Leonard fournette ...

Guys, this was a joke I could only wish to pull off a deal like that

Limpar will announce the pick for Fighting Irish at 3pm

Guys, this was a joke I could only wish to pull off a deal like that

Limpar will announce the pick for Fighting Irish at 3pm

Fairly sure he's a huge Trubisky fan... I think he was even prepared to trade up to grab him, just like the Bears :)

Fairly sure he's a huge Trubisky fan... I think he was even prepared to trade up to grab him, just like the Bears :)

Hahaha

Based on the 3 boards below, the consensus BPA and Pick 1.06 for Fightin' Irish is Dalvin Cook, RB Minnesota Vikings.

Fantasy Pros

Dynasty Nerds

Mike Clay ESPN

Based on the 3 boards below, the consensus BPA and Pick 1.06 for Fightin' Irish is Dalvin Cook, RB Minnesota Vikings.

Fantasy Pros

Dynasty Nerds

Mike Clay ESPN

Uugghhh was hoping to trade up and get him, but fairs fair I guess.

Fantasy Pros

Dynasty Nerds

Mike Clay ESPN

Am I on the clock so?

Stev88 wrote:
    Am I on the clock so?

Shoot Stev88

Guys I'll update the chart at the end of round one as we're aware of virus hit the next picks

I'll touch base with Realt out other US based player so he's aware of cigars happening

With the 7th overall pick in the Del Boy Dynasty league.

Clowneys College selects Evan Engram TE New York Giants

• Advertisement

With the 7th overall pick in the Del Boy Dynasty league.

Clowneys College selects Evan Engram TE New York Giants

Ooooohhh saucy! I like it Stev88!

Good stuff Stev88
    Interesting pick

Good stuff Stev88
    Interesting pick

Was always my number 1 guy.

Was always my number 1 guy.

Nice trading back so brother!

Nice trading back so brother!

Prob should have got a small bit more along the way but happy enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Announcing a trade:

baby bull elephant receives 1.10 + 2.04

Limpar recieves 1.08 + 1.10

• Advertisement

Announcing a trade:

Hmmmm.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hmmmm.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Haha Gerry on it in a flash

Hah , should be 1.08 and 2.08 for my 1.10 and 2.04

Announcing a trade:

Should this be 2.10 for limpar??

Ah sorry see it now. Sound

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Oops, sorry haha. That'll teach me to do two things at once.

• Advertisement
Advertisement