Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smartphone Prices

1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Harvey Normal

kjl wrote: »
    Hi there, nice to meet you; I am a software developer for Oracle. So I do know a thing or two thanks very much.

Not as much as you think you know.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

JamBur wrote: »
    my digital willy is bigger then your digital willy
    Mine is so big that if I laid it out on a keyboard it'd go all the way from A to Z.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

And now there's a proper google phone. Pity they chose the iPhone as their price point

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/google-pixel-phone-the-smart-persons-guide/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

It would seem that this issue about expensive smartphones has become quite explosive !

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/oct/11/samsung-galaxy-note-7-exploding-battery-safety-concerns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Get the thinking man's smartphone for only 299 now. Microsoft 950. A seriously good smartphone that is seriously good value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I'd like to give a windows phone a go but yeah, lack of apps is a bit of a killer. I'll stick to cheap Chinadroids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

Peregrine wrote: »
    Moto G

That's all I have to say.

And that's the motto of the story. Good work Peregrine, keep it up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

learn_more wrote: »
    And that's the motto of the story. Good work Peregrine, keep it up.

It took your phone three months to send that? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

srsly78 wrote: »
    I actually have an old nexus 4 still, it still gets small updates - is on 5.1.1, but won't get 6.0+ I think. However, I got it for e300 new few years ago - the newer versions are gonna be e600/e700 :(

I've just decommissioned my old Nexus 4. Absolutely loved it to bits. Replaced the screen 3 times and the battery once. Just didn't see anything I liked for a reasonable price (I ain't spending 800+ quid on a phone)

Just got the Vodaphone platinum 7 for €300 and so far I really like it. Similar all glass construction, which you either love or hate. 5.5" amoled screen Vr ready and charges really fast. Bargain for the price if you ask me.

Advertisement