Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looks like the guards are going back into LRA, leaves the ASTI as last man standing

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

Nurses balloting now. LRA coming apart at the seams.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Nurses balloting now. LRA coming apart at the seams.

Imagine if we now reject industrial action in ballot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

km79 wrote: »
    Imagine if we now reject industrial action in ballot

I know.

I'll be sickened if the result is a NO vote

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭acequion

Why would ye think the result would be no?

Going on what I've seen I'd be confident that it will be a yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

acequion wrote: »
    Why would ye think the result would be no?

Going on what I've seen I'd be confident that it will be a yes.

I hope so too
    Just saying imagine now if it wasn't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭picturehangup

looks like a 'yes' in our place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭political analyst

http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/1007/822045-asti-dept-education/
    The Department of Education has asked teachers' union the ASTI to cooperate with arrangements it is attempting to make to keep secondary schools open in the event of industrial action by teachers.
    The department has written to the union requesting that it give sufficient notice of any withdrawal to allow time for recruitment and garda vetting to be undertaken.

This would require much more than the one week's notice stipulated under industrial relations legislation.

The union has also been asked to allow school principals who are ASTI members to cooperate with any such moves, and it is asked that ASTI members do not in any way hinder the activities of external personnel, should they be recruited.

Can it be assumed that withdrawal from S&S, if the majority of the ASTI membership votes in favour of it, will take place in exactly the same way as it did in 2002 and 2003, when external personnel were brought in? I haven't come across any indication that the Department was unable to implement that plan without the co-operation of principals who were ASTI members (The principal in my alma mater was a priest and thus wasn't a member).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/1007/822045-asti-dept-education/

Can it be assumed that withdrawal from S&S, if the majority of the ASTI membership votes in favour of it, will take place in exactly the same way as it did in 2002 and 2003, when external personnel were brought in? I haven't come across any indication that the Department was unable to implement that plan without the co-operation of principals who were ASTI members (The principal in my alma mater was a priest and thus wasn't a member).

Jmb have contract and vetting potocols ready to go for schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

It really is cheeky to ask for an extension of the notice period, surely the whole point of IR disputes is to discommode your opponent?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

It really is cheeky to ask for an extension of the notice period, surely the whole point of IR disputes is to discommode your opponent?

And are the DES looking to hire teachers to cover the striking ASTI teachers? What about crossing a picket?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭coillsaille

Notorious wrote: »
    And are the DES looking to hire teachers to cover the striking ASTI teachers? What about crossing a picket?

I have posted some info about the SnS situation in the thread on the ASTI ballots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Notorious wrote: »

Suppose they can get in non-asti teachers! Although seeing as the dept are refusing to pay us for it than I'd gladly like to see them stump up for the subs.
    Either way they gotta pay.

They should have been making financial provisions to pay for this SnS (as per agreement) before the LR nonsense came about, so where had the money gone?

Advertisement