Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is life of An Garda Siochana as bad as it sounds?

Options
  • 25-09-2016 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭

Im currently recently unemployed and looking at career options. Im a part qualified accountant but still considering other options.

I have a lot of respect for the work of the gardai and it might be something id consider but im not sure id have the physical attributes to succeed in the role.

Im a 5"4 male of average slim build. Im trying to picture myself in a position where i would have to make an arrest of someone of much larger size.

Also the below article from the star newspaper interviews a member of An Garda Siochana in 2015. It doesnt read for pretty reading for anyone considering joining the gardai.

http://thestar.ie/cruel-reality-of-life-for-gardai/

Can anyone comment from what they know of life in the gardai, are the dangers and issues highlighted in the article the norm?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

lightspeed wrote: »
    Im currently recently unemployed and looking at career options. Im a part qualified accountant but still considering other options.

I have a lot of respect for the work of the gardai and it might be something id consider but im not sure id have the physical attributes to succeed in the role.

Im a 5"4 male of average slim build. Im trying to picture myself in a position where i would have to make an arrest of someone of much larger size.

Also the below article from the star newspaper interviews a member of An Garda Siochana in 2015. It doesnt read for pretty reading for anyone considering joining the gardai.

http://thestar.ie/cruel-reality-of-life-for-gardai/

Can anyone comment from what they know of life in the gardai, are the dangers and issues highlighted in the article the norm?

A Garda's life is a sty. The people they deal with are p1ss, sh1t. That's why they are such animals, man.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

A Garda's life is a sty. The people they deal with are p1ss, sh1t. That's why they are such animals, man.

That is a fantastic reply, well done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Grahamfire wrote: »
    That is a fantastic reply, well done

You're obviously not a fan of the movie Intermission, you sarky little fcuk.

Advertisement