Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Setting up a Technomate TM-Nano-3T COMBO Receiver

• 25-09-2016 3:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've a Technomate TM-Nano-3T COMBO Receiver with a Vix image flashed by WoS when I purchased it earlier in the year. I think it's version 3.2 build 036.

Tuners A & B are DVB-S/S2's and Tuner C is a DVB-C/T/T2 so I initially got it working with Saorview and FreeSat but I have to switch providers if I want to go from watching a Saorview channel to a FreeSat channel and vice versa.

I'd like to get it set up correctly for smooth family use over the winter and I'm looking for a bit of help.

The key things I want to achieve are:-

1. I'd like to have both Saorview and FreeSat on the same EPG so I don't have to keep switching providers all the time.

2. I'd like to get the WiFi dongle installed on the box working properly. There's no chance to hard wire to my router so I have to go the Wifi route if I want to use OpenWebif etc but can't get it to work correctly. When I do a network test I get
    - LAN Adapter = WLAN Connection (green tick)
    - Wireless = disconnected (red X)
    - DHCP = enabled (green tick)
    - IP address = unconfirmed (red X)
    - Nameserver = unconfirmed (red X)

EDIT: Changed the "Hidden Network" setting from No to Yes, rebooted the box and bingo, I've got green ticks all the way on the network test and OpenWebif is working. Some progress :-)

3. I'd like to install the Slyk 1 HD (sly skin) skin from here http://www.techkings.org/openvix-openatv-skins/84606-slyk-1-hd-sly-skin-version-3-now-available.html. (Think I can manage this if I can get FTP working over WiFi)

4. I'd like to update to the latest version of VIX. (I should probably do this first I guess?)

5. Get Timeshift and other settings optimised so the family agree that going the FTA route and dropping Sky was a good decision by me!!!!

So, as you can see I have a few little challenges and whilst I'm handy enough with consumer tech generally (flashing Android ROMS, building a gaming PC etc) I'm a novice with Satellite boxes and still can't get my head around bouquets etc :o

All tips, suggestions and help very much welcomed. This is my top project at the moment :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭imnorobot

download a program called
    Dreamboxedit
    http://dreamboxedit.com/

Connect to your box via its ip address from a laptop or pc
    Username: root
    Password: <no password needed>
    Download existing bouquets from your box to the pc
    Create a new Bouquet call it whatever you like
    Drag and drop all the channels you want into this new Bouquet
    Send it back to the box
    Then delete all the pre configured Bouquets
    and you will then have all your favourite channels on 1 list

World of satellite site
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?70-Technomate-Receivers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭54and56

imnorobot wrote: »
    download a program called
    Dreamboxedit
    http://dreamboxedit.com/

Connect to your box via its ip address from a laptop or pc
    Username: root
    Password: <no password needed>
    Download existing bouquets from your box to the pc
    Create a new Bouquet call it whatever you like
    Drag and drop all the channels you want into this new Bouquet
    Send it back to the box
    Then delete all the pre configured Bouquets
    and you will then have all your favourite channels on 1 list

World of satellite site
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?70-Technomate-Receivers

Thanks Imnorobot, sounds perfect, was thinking of doing something like this via OpenWebif but Dreamboxedit looks an easier process.

Problem I'm having at the moment is I can't get IP access to the box.

I updated the box to Vix 4.2.005 via USB and I managed to set up the tuners and run ABM so I have the Saorview and FreeSat channels tuned in but in doing so I obviously wiped the WLAN settings I had set up previously and now can't get the box to connect to my WiFi network.

I recall having to download some drivers to get the Wifi dongle to work correctly when I set it up earlier in the year and I thought I had downloaded them via the Plugins browser but I might be dreaming that as when I choose "download plugins" from the menu the list remains blank. It's like it's a catch 22. Without WiFi I can't download the drivers I need to make the Wifi dongle work and without the drivers I can't get Wifi to work!!

I've been at this for 6 hours.

Time to down tools for tonight I think :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭imnorobot

Yep only so much you can do in one day
    Yes the bouquet management can be done via webif :-)

I would guess that the wifi drivers are not loaded if the wifi is not working properly

You should be able to connect directly to the by connecting a cable from your pc to the lan port of the box
    Then set a fixed ip address to your pc in the same range that your box is in
    So for example if your box was 192.168.10.10
    You would assign your pc to an address of 192.168.10.20
    Then open a web browser and type in the add of the box 192.168.10.10 and you should get the webif page

if you have a cat5 cable you could connect from your broadband router to your box to download the drivers for your wifi dongle
    then remove the cable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

..............There's no chance to hard wire to my router ........

these will run data over the mains wiring in your house :

http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/tplink-tlpa4010kit-av600-powerline-adapter-twin-pack/332365/402.0.3

don't work too well in some houses, etc etc

gctest50 wrote: »
    these will run data over the mains wiring in your house :

http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/tplink-tlpa4010kit-av600-powerline-adapter-twin-pack/332365/402.0.3

don't work too well in some houses, etc etc

Thanks gctest50, unfortunately my house is one of those where they don't work well. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

The dongle should be plug and play mate. IF not you need to bring the box somwewhere where you can download an RTl8192cu driver.

UrbanFret wrote: »
    The dongle should be plug and play mate. IF not you need to bring the box somwewhere where you can download an RTl8192cu driver.
    Thanks UrbanFret, I'll temporarily set it up beside the router so I can download the driver.

Is the plugins browser the right spot to find WiFi dongle drivers?

Thanks UrbanFret, I'll temporarily set it up beside the router so I can download the driver.

Is the plugins browser the right spot to find WiFi dongle drivers?

Yes in plugins > drivers> network-usb-rtl8192cu

Failing that mate. You might have to download the network-usb-rt3070 (1.0.r3) driver. It's got to be one or the other. pain in the hole I know but you'll get there eventually.

http://www.freetv.ie/how-to-install-wifi-dongle-on-enigma2.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Redriddick

If ya need a channel list I might be able to upload one

• Advertisement

Redriddick wrote: »
    If ya need a channel list I might be able to upload one

Thanks Redriddick, is that an xml file which I FTP to the box and it becomes the bouquet which is used for the EPG? I'm probably mixing up my terms here :o

I found a recommended Sky/Saorview file on http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?46470-ABM-Combine-Freesat-with-Saorview/page2, see post 27. Is that the same thing?

Also, should I be setting Freesat or Sky UK or Sky Ireland as the provider for all non Saorview FTA channels?

What about the dongle? did you get it working?

UrbanFret wrote: »
    What about the dongle? did you get it working?

Didn't get round to trying yet. Taking it offline while I mess around with it requires careful planning in my gaff if I'm not to be lynched!!

I'm away from Thursday for a week so it might be next weekend beforei can get time to give it a go.

I can pull one down from my box and you can upload it using dreambox edit

I can pull one down from my box and you can upload it using dreambox edit

Thanks Redriddick, that would be great.

Here ya go try this.

Here ya go try this.

Thanks Redriddick,

Just away at the moment but back for the weekend and will try to progress then.

Cheers.

Hi guys,

Hope ye're all online today and in patient mood!!

So I just spent the last two hours trying to get the WiFi dongle working.

I connected the box to an ethernet cable in a different room and "borrowed" an old TV to use.

I downloaded the network-usb-rtl8192cu driver, unplugged the ethernet cable, rebooted the machine and no joy, it didn't see the WLAN.

I repeated the process and downloaded the network-usb-rt3070 (1.0.r3) driver but also no sign of a WLAN.

During the above downloads I noticed there was an "eu" rather than "cu" version of the network-usb-rtl8192cu driver so I tried downloading that and surprisingly I then had an option to choose WLAN or LAN so I tried configuring the WLAN using the WPA2 security my router is set to and the correct WiFi password but I couldn't get it to connect to the internet.

I saw in the Freetv video that other drivers can cause a conflict so I removed all other drivers bar the network-usb-rtl8192eu driver but still no joy.

The adapter settings have a Primary DNS but the secondary DNS is left 0.0.0.0 and IP Address, Subnet and Gateway are all left "N/A".

Any ideas?

So ye're all out enjoying the Indian summer whilst I'm sweating here trying to get this box (and in particular the Wifi dongle) set up!!!

Some progress made.

It turns out selecting "WPA or WPA2" is the right solution not "WPA2". Who'd have guessed :confused:

Still not working correctly.

I have the dongle since last year so the "cu" version of the driver is supposed to be the one to use but i can't even wake the dongle using that. It's only by using the "eu" version of the driver i can get the dongle to wake and for WLAN to be an option but even then all i can get on the network test is a positive confirmation that there is WLAN connection, the other four tests (Wireless, DHCP, IP address and Nameserver) all cone back with red ticks :-(

Slowly slowly and all that................

So,

After 6 hours of trial and error I finally managed to get the bloody WiFi dongle working :D

Having added and removed loads of plugins I decided in time honoured fashion that the best solution was to go back to scratch and reflash the box which restored a ton of built in plugins including the RTL8192cu driver which is supposed to be the one I need for this dongle but still no joy so this time I downloaded RTL8192eu driver but didn't remove the RTL8192cu driver and bingo I get green ticks all the way when I do the Network test.

Not exactly how I planned to spend my entire Saturday but there ya go.

I'm writing this primarily as a reference point for myself in a few months when I have to reflash the box for some reason but can't remember how to get the bloody WiFi dongle working ;)

Now all I have to do is figure out how to set up AutoBoquetsMaker so I have Saorview and Satellite channels on a single EPG.

That'll be a job for tomorrow I think!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Now that you have it working make a backup before you mess anything up. You can always make another backup later when you have added/configured more stuff but at least you will have a baseline to work from.

Now that you have it working make a backup before you mess anything up. You can always make another backup later when you have added/configured more stuff but at least you will have a baseline to work from.

Ha, too late!!

Brought the box back to the main TV (where I can't get an Ethernet to hence the need for the bloody dongle) where I reinstalled it, ran a network (WLAN) test and got green ticks all the way. I know there is a great WiFi signal there as I also run an Android box which streams Netflix/Sports etc at the same location so happy out that I'd finally gotten to the point where I could use WiFi to Webif etc to get set up as I want to I headed off for some dinner with the family after which I came back ready to set up the tuners, crossEPG etc etc and guess what? No matter what I do (I've tried rebooting, putting the dongle in different USB ports etc) I can't get the box to see the dongle and hence I don't get offered a WLAN network option. All I have is the LAN option which obviously fails the network test as I can't get a cable to the box in this location.

I've decided to knock it on the head for tonight before I tap dance on the box!!

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭John Dough

Techkibgs link is dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,388 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Advertisement